Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

• Drives: Honda NSX
Been to every capital city and most regional towns in Australia but Perth has elluded us.

So we have booked a trip in a couple of weeks for 4 nights. Our thoughts are to spend the first night in Perth then a couple in Margret River then the last back in Perth.

Any thoughts of where to stay and things to do or see??

Offline theintelligent1

• Vodka is Just Unfinished Gin

• Drives: Miss Daisy
As most hotels in Perth cbd are pretty subpar, suggest you consider staying at the Esplanade in Fremantle (hotel is dated but then all Perth hotels are) - gives a different flavour than staying in the CBD - Freo is more laid back/arty, plenty of choices for eating, a pint or two at little creatures, got the harbour, close to Cottesloe beach.

Offline BigD

Been to every capital city and most regional towns in Australia but Perth has elluded us.
Likewise. Has been on my todo list for so long to get to Perth. I am interested to heard some responses as well.

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

Likewise. Has been on my todo list for so long to get to Perth. I am interested to heard some responses as well.

Doing anything in a couple of weeks why dont you join us

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

As most hotels in Perth cbd are pretty subpar, suggest you consider staying at the Esplanade in Fremantle (hotel is dated but then all Perth hotels are) - gives a different flavour than staying in the CBD - Freo is more laid back/arty, plenty of choices for eating, a pint or two at little creatures, got the harbour, close to Cottesloe beach.

Thanks so far at what the wife has seen the motels in Perth are as you said subpar. We may stay one night in Perth then another in Freo then two in Margret River.

Offline BigD

Thanks for the offer. In a couple of weeks I will be in the US for a work meeting.  :(
Have been trying to talk the wife into a Perth trip for a while now. Maybe next year.
Will be good to hear what you thought was good.

Online E7ITE

As someone mentioned earlier, experience Little Creatures brewery in Freo at some point during your stay.  Also visit Kings Park.
Go the the Swan Valley (only 30mins from the CBD) for wine tasting etc
Walk around the Hay St and Murray St malls.
Leederville for some interesting shops and cafes. Try Little Caesars pizza there - the guy won the world pizza making championship several years ago.
The Fremantle markets and cafe strip.
Try Ciao Italia in south perth for some great italian food (best Tiramisu in Perth).  But get there early or you'll end up waiting ages for a table.  Early = 6pm.
Wanting good Asian food - head into Northbridge and look for a place called Hawkers Cuisine.
hope that helps!

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

As someone mentioned earlier, experience Little Creatures brewery in Freo at some point during your stay.  Also visit Kings Park.
Go the the Swan Valley (only 30mins from the CBD) for wine tasting etc
Walk around the Hay St and Murray St malls.
Leederville for some interesting shops and cafes. Try Little Caesars pizza there - the guy won the world pizza making championship several years ago.
The Fremantle markets and cafe strip.
Try Ciao Italia in south perth for some great italian food (best Tiramisu in Perth).  But get there early or you'll end up waiting ages for a table.  Early = 6pm.
Wanting good Asian food - head into Northbridge and look for a place called Hawkers Cuisine.
hope that helps!

Many thanks hopefully we can get to most of your suggestions  :thumbsup:

Online andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
Give me 1 hr and I will post properly regarding it all.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline Horne678

• Drives: Sideways
Try Margaret River chocolate factory.