Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

OK, my solution is the best.  :D

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I've kinda worked it out

with the cover on, the drag of the hose against the underside is stopping creepy from getting around... so I need to leave the cover off really... but that kinda defeats the purpose of having it :doh:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

ive come to clean ze poool

Damn it - I missed out big time here!!!!!     :irked:

• Soap Dodger

So, we've had some great value out the pool this year so far... I never got it quite as clean/clear as last year, but it was very nice none the less...... until thursday last week....

I chose to do the "eco" thing and top it up from the rain tanks......... lots of people do it, apparently...

anyway.....

:argh:

it went GREEN

Algae....    :doh:

So, now, with the mother-in-law arrival that happened on friday (did anyone mention bog monster?) I've got to fix it up quick smart...

I'm discovering you need to be a chemist (M-in-law is one which really hepls .... NOT).

• Soap Dodger

Pool salt 50kg $15

Chlorine granules "sanitiser" $23

Acid $12

Phosphate remover $25

3x lengths of creepy crawly hose $60

Clarifier $25

time...  flippin' hours... at least 6 hours spent so far.... almost got it back....  :irked:

:gnasher: :gnasher:

We didn't buy the house for the pool, and we certainly wouldn't have put one in had it not been there... and we DO enjoy having it.... but it's starting to grate....  :irked:

• Soap Dodger

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

LMAO!!!!!!    :teehee:

I so want to see you in......................

• Soap Dodger

sigh......

so about a month ago, I decide to lift the corner of the pool cover for a peek....

GEEBUS BLOODY H CHRIST!!!!!

A builder had been in May to do some work on the house, and kindly used the pool power supply for his equip, and NOT reconnected the pool stuff when he'd finished....

well fuck me sideways on a monday..... the pool was absolutely putrid... and I don't mean a bit green... it was absolutely vile.... remember star wars swamp??

great floating blankets of algae and festering filth... dragon fly lavae crawling around too... EEEEWWWW!!!

So, I'm thinking to myself now... do I drain it and start over? I want to re-paint it really anyway... but I ask around and common thinking is that if I drain it, it'll float up and pop out the ground!... and would cost in excess of $100k to replace!!!!

So I decide to do chemistry 101 again.

I'm too embarrased to call the pool guy at this stage,  so I wing it.  :darkside:

I chuck in a good dose of chlorine granules and some phosphate remover to kill the algae and it's food source...

and BINGO... almost immediately, the semi floating blankets of algae start fizzing and bubbling and start to come to the surface, where i can easily skim them off with the leaf rake, into a wheelbarrow...

this works a treat and in a couple of hours the pool is just pond like, not like the swamp in star wars!

Anyway, a month of progressively cleaning and chemicalling and I had my first swim today in almost perfect conditions.

I never called the pool guy out at all, I did go to the shop a few times to test the water/trim the chemical balance, but all up I've spent maybe $500 in chemicals and about 6 or 8 hours of my time over odd evenings here and there after work.

I've impressed myself and now have even greater pleasure from it! :cool:

Offline Cuso

Well done. Will be down Boxing Day, do you thinkyou'll have it perfect by then  :thumbsup:

• Soap Dodger

Well done. Will be down Boxing Day, do you thinkyou'll have it perfect by then  :thumbsup:

without bikini pics this question is meaningless....

your chic, man, your chic!