Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

talking of yachts in Sydney harbour, Condor is MIA
too busy making his first billion.

Offline j15

The harbour tunnel is open so you can still travel that way. Whatever you do, you'll probably have to walk up to Neutral Bay to get a taxi (as Kirribilli will be closed to cars by 10pm), then go via the tunnel to the south side of the domain, the walk back to Circular Quay.

Would advise against Uber for this one. I've not met many that know their way around Sydney that well, and the additional complication of road closures will confuse some of them.

Water taxi is also a good option, but you'd need to book it now, doubt there will much availability if you're trying to sort that out on the night.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

The harbour tunnel is open so you can still travel that way. Whatever you do, you'll probably have to walk up to Neutral Bay to get a taxi (as Kirribilli will be closed to cars by 10pm), then go via the tunnel to the south side of the domain, the walk back to Circular Quay.

Would advise against Uber for this one. I've not met many that know their way around Sydney that well, and the additional complication of road closures will confuse some of them.

Water taxi is also a good option, but you'd need to book it now, doubt there will much availability if you're trying to sort that out on the night.

Thanks for this. An option might be to park the car near in or near Kirribilli early in the day. Then try to find a street park near the Domain on the way home and pick it up at daybreak. Or, better yet, catch up with everyone one day soon and watch the fireworks from home. :)

Offline Joel

Thanks for this. An option might be to park the car near in or near Kirribilli early in the day. Then try to find a street park near the Domain on the way home and pick it up at daybreak. Or, better yet, catch up with everyone one day soon and watch the fireworks from home. :)

I'll drop you off and pick you up for a small fee...

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I'll drop you off and pick you up for a small fee...

Thanks. Looks like the boss is now happy to skip the event and stay home. That's a relief. :)

Offline Joel

Thanks. Looks like the boss is now happy to skip the event and stay home. That's a relief. :)

Haha North side is full of snobs anyway :D

Offline IExperiment

Yes drive your car, you will be surprised how much parking is around on NYE.

Just go 30 minutes early to scout where everything is.

I have been working in CBD for the past 20 years.

Offline IExperiment

I am over it too way to much back packer running amuck.

A few years back I had an accident when someone ran across the street on NYE lucky only hit my mirror only.

Offline IExperiment

If you needs parking in Haymarket you are welcome to used my place before 5pm on NYE.

I will be back after 1:30am to let you out or the next day.

Happy to help anyone out I have a spared spot if needed in Haymarket.

Offline 9911