Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
Have a work celebration coming up, and looking for somewhere for lunch or dinner in Sydney. Not looking for something ridiculously expensive, but still something significant.

One of the other guys has thrown in Kingsley as a good steak restaurant, are there any other recommendations?

Offline 1q2w3e4r

That'd be alright, depends on for who and how many.  There is also some nice stuff down at Barangaroo now.

We stayed at the Langham (old Observatory Hotel) last weekend and the dining room there is great and the food was fantastic,  they have a good cellar selection also.  You don't have to stay there to eat

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

Only 4 of us, we're doing a bigger event for all and sundry.

Will have a look at Barangaroo as well.

Offline 9911

Cbd, is have to say that you cannot look past Pendolino for Italian or Felix for French.

Two exceptional choices, mid range price ($$$) and both are hatted. You'll impress whoever the guests are - significantly more so than Kingsleys would.

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

Thanks. Will have a look into it. It's the 4 owners of the business, it's the 1 year anniversary of founding so will treat ourselves a little bit.

Whilst I haven't been to Kingsley's before (either Brisbane or Sydney) I've always got the feeling from people that it's good, but not mind blowing. More a safe choice, as you know what you're always going to get.

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

Cbd, is have to say that you cannot look past Pendolino for Italian or Felix for French.

Two exceptional choices, mid range price ($$$) and both are hatted. You'll impress whoever the guests are - significantly more so than Kingsleys would.

Agree and add Bambini Trust into the mix (next to the Sheraton). Very nice and very good food and mid priced

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

Offline psw

• Keep smiling

I agree Pendolino is great italian, 'Rockpool Bar & Grill' you can't go wrong, is excellent food, great space & will impress if you're after a 'power' place, 'est' if you want sublime food & more formal, 'Quay' if you want 3 hats & a view of the harbour & Opera House or Justin Hemmes new hip restaurant 'Freds' in Paddington, just out of the city, great for drinks after & nice eye candy if that matters  :)
Keep Smiling

Offline cel

I agree Pendolino is great italian, 'Rockpool Bar & Grill' you can't go wrong, is excellent food, great space & will impress if you're after a 'power' place, 'est' if you want sublime food & more formal, 'Quay' if you want 3 hats & a view of the harbour & Opera House or Justin Hemmes new hip restaurant 'Freds' in Paddington, just out of the city, great for drinks after & nice eye candy if that matters  :)

I went to Freds the other week and it was great indeed, loved the food and the restaurant looks really cool. We had the hot seat semi in the open kitchen with food for guests being prepared right in front of you

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

So we ended up going to Prime at the GPO last night. Was sensational. We decided to share a tomahawk and the steak tasting plate between us and every piece was to die for. For a non-wine drinker like me the drinks menu was a little short but that's nitpicking. Here's the tomahawk.