Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Civet's poo coffee is the best I have ever tasted but it took a while before I was game to try it. Who wants to drink something that has been eaten and pooped out.

But at $110 a packet, it's not a daily coffee.

Just get one of these for work, it's all I use.

Offline dkabab

i think that might be the go.... really opens up the choices

and assuming i go with a plunger..... is whatever coffee i chose going to be so much better than instant that it doesnt matter what i chose?

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

and assuming i go with a plunger..... is whatever coffee i chose going to be so much better than instant that it doesnt matter what i chose?

Yes, but you will have to probably try a few to find what you like.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Here you go - merged thread for caffiene addiction - sadly for me I don't like coffee and stimulants are mostly off my list :tired:

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
is whatever coffee i chose going to be so much better than instant that it doesnt matter what i chose?

Sort of.  But the point is your instant coffee is just a different drink.  So for me it's not a matter of being better or worse.  It's just different.

Same as plunger coffee is a different sort of drink to anything built on an espresso shot.

The 2 main variables with the plunger is probably going to be how long you let it sit, and how fine the coffee grind is (ie. you would generally use a finer grind in the espresso machine than the plunger - but even that will varying between equipment).

Either way, it'll never be comparable to instant coffee.  It'll just be a different type of coffee drink.

Offline app

thats a shame ash

Daily coffee fights Alzheimer's
July 07, 2009 12:00am

DRINKING two cups of strong coffee a day could keep Alzheimer's disease at bay - and may even reverse some of its symptoms, a new study suggests.

Researchers have evidence that caffeine not only helps stave off dementia but can treat it.

The findings come from animal research but scientists said they were some of the most promising experiments of their kind.

Dr Gary Arendash, who led the study at the University of South Florida, said: "The new findings provide evidence that caffeine could be a viable treatment for established Alzheimer's disease, not simply a protective strategy."

"That's important because caffeine is a safe drug for most people. It easily enters the brain, and it appears to directly affect the disease process."

Scientists are unsure what causes Alzheimer's, a distressing, degenerative condition linked with ageing.

The disease is linked to sticky clumps of an abnormal protein called beta amyloid plaques which form in the brain, destroying nerve cells.

Dr Arendash's team studied 55 mice genetically engineered to develop symptoms of the disease as they aged. By the time the mice were 18 to 19 months old - the equivalent of 70 in human years - they were showing memory problems and confusion associated with Alzheimer's.

The researchers gave half the mice drinking water laced with caffeine, while the rest continued to drink ordinary water.

Humans given an equivalent dose of caffeine for their weight would be consuming five 250ml cups of ordinary coffee a day.

The same amount of caffeine can also be found in two cups of strong "coffee shop" coffee, 14 cups of tea or 20 cola drinks.

After two months, mice drinking caffeine did far better on tests of memory and thinking skills than the animals given ordinary water.

Their memories were twice as sharp as healthy older mice without dementia.

Mice given caffeine had lower beta amyloid levels in blood and brains.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25740777-5006007,00.html

Offline app

i dont think you'll ever get the quality of coffee from an instant that you get from plunger or espresso, especially espresso.

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
Here you go - merged thread for caffiene addiction - sadly for me I don't like coffee and stimulants are mostly off my list :tired:

Sound like me. Can't stand coffee and have found that if I have an energy drink for the hell of it anytime after 2pm and I can't sleep!

People really look at you funny when you say you don't drink coffee, most think it is a religious thing but then I explain that I can stand the taste. I keep taking a sip of the missus' different ones to see if there is one I like so I can be part of the cool crew but not happening.

Offline dkabab

dont worry similarly i dont drink beer...... anymore

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Sound like me. Can't stand coffee and have found that if I have an energy drink for the hell of it anytime after 2pm and I can't sleep!

Wait till you have kids!!!!!   Then those products will be your best friend.   :faint:

dont worry similarly i dont drink beer...... anymore

Anymore????????