• www: AshSimmonds.com
What's good?  What to avoid?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
I'll go first... :p

I generally watch stuff 6-24 months before it hits Oz teevee, so here's my thoughts on the last 2 years of the boob tube, I'll mostly just mention shows that were worth watching.  If it doesn't appear here - ask, it's likely I've seen at least the pilot.

Dexter - Top show, 100% recommendation.  A cross between American Psycho and CSI - about a guy who works for a crime lab and is a serial killer - but only kills the scum of humanity.

Heroes - I think that's been airing here... keep watching if you like it.  The early episodes were light on hero stuff but heavy on drama, the later episodes get more involved in cool stuff, except the stupid mexicans - they are so annoying.

Boston Legal - it's on teevee here, but I didn't discover it until six months ago.  Killer show, very funny, and deals unapolagetically with lots of real issues - and usually very common-sensically.

Eureka - Great quirky little show - very Canadian feel to it, kind of like a cross between Due South, X-Files, and Eerie Indiana.  I love it.

Pushing Daisies - EXCELLENT SHOW!!!!  This show has such a quaint and beautiful quality to it, but still a dark humour - given it's primary subject is death.  Can't recommend it highly enough, just watch it.

Kyle XY - Definitely worth watching!  About a kid found in the woods with no memory of a past life - becomes very interesting and involved as things press on, and the characters are really good to watch.

Californication - I think Oz was only a week or two behind US with this one... I liked it, it sort of filled a need somehow, not sure how yet.

Entourage - I don't know if Oz will ever get this show, it's VERY Hollywood-centric - but it's also quite fun and kinda nice to watch.  Can't explain it, it's just a good way to kill time - all the characters are people you care about I guess.

Journeyman - Interesting show, but waaaaay too drama-oriented with absolutely zero humour.  In the 3 or 4 episodes I've watched there hasn't been a single thing to chuckle at - that might not seem like such a big deal - until you've sat through a few episodes and realised it's more depressing than anything else, even if it IS interesting.

Nip/Tuck - not as good as it was when it started, but I still enjoy it - actually I enjoy that it really evolves more than anything else out there.  But I'm really annoyed that they brought back Julia though - she has nothing to contribute but shrill drama voices and bonyness. :?

Reaper - Dude finds out when he's 21 that his parents sold his soul to Satan and now he's the Devil's bitch.  Only watched a couple, but it's a funny show so far - will keep watching.

Sarah Connor Chronicles - TERMINATOR!!!!!!   Saw the pilot like 6 months ago - still waiting for the next episodes. :?

Chuck - guy gets government knowledge by accident - a bit odd but quite funny.  need to watch more to make a real decision.

Bionic Woman - Not bad, but falls into the realm of "do I watch this or Letterman?".  Much like Alias - lots of action, some drama, and cheese.  The lead is a sleeper hottie.

Blood Ties - Seems alright, a bit contrived so far, but interesting to see how things develop.

That's it for now... :D

Offline waz356

Entourage is up to season 3 (I think) on Fox.  :thumbsup:

Offline Laminator

• https://www.facebook.com/photoesel/

I think Pushing Daisies is coming on Channel 9 here but there's also another one similar on 10. It's amazing how a similar show pops up less than a week after the preview ads for the initial show. :o

But I would steer clear of Lost, it's hard to use a cliche not to do with lost to describe it.  :rolleyes:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

I think Pushing Daisies is coming on Channel 9 here but there's also another one similar

Name?  I haven't seen a show like PD in... well, ever.  If you have to compare it, kinda like Alice in Wonderland crossed with Ugly Betty and Six Feet Under and Scooby Doo. :boggled:

Offline Laminator

Name?  I haven't seen a show like PD in... well, ever.  If you have to compare it, kinda like Alice in Wonderland crossed with Ugly Betty and Six Feet Under and Scooby Doo. :boggled:

Well... I'll definitely know what to expect  :tilt:

Mmm... something about some guy having to work for the Satan or something... dunno the name

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Mmm... something about some guy having to work for the Satan or something... dunno the name

Reaper - Dude finds out when he's 21 that his parents sold his soul to Satan and now he's the Devil's bitch.  Only watched a couple, but it's a funny show so far - will keep watching.

Very funny so far, but couldn't be further removed from Pushing Daisies.

Offline Laminator

Very funny so far, but couldn't be further removed from Pushing Daisies.

That's it! Something about the ad reminded me about Pushing Daisies. Not sure what, but it did. Both the shows seem as though they're going to be a good watch.

Also, there's a new show with David Spade. Funny guy, if it's anything like the Benchwarmers, it'll be great. :D

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

"Lost" is "Survivor" with bad acting and no plot.

Offline Laminator

"Lost" is "Survivor" with bad acting and no plot.

Yep, as said by myself and others, the only thing that is truly LOST, is indeed the plot itself :D