Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Watched a great doco on the flight yesterday called Sour Grapes about fraud in the wine market. It may also be on Netflix.

Also happens in the old whisky business. Have a look on eBay at all the empty very old wine and whisky bottles for sale........

Offline OzCarSightings

• Will eat your baby
  • Photographer

• Drives: GenF HSV/Golf R32/motorbike
  • www: JanGlovac.com
It is, and I'm hooked already.

Finally watched the first ep (Season 1) last night, very good!

Rainy Friday night means a few more eps tonight I think.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Twin Peaks -

No wonder I find it challenging, I think you need to be on a diet of cocaine with LSD chasers to understand it -

From the way Lynch and Frost have constructed the show, it's like watching fragments of a paranormal detective movie missing large chunks of exposition.

There are blood-chilling murders, illicit affairs and a desert road trip — but there are also extended metaphysical forays, hallucinations and dream sequences.

As a long time practitioner of transcendental meditation, Lynch brings to the screen a conviction that the interior world — or even other dimensions such as astral planes — are just as vital as the tactile, material universe around us.

It's a view that's inflected with a very American, New Age pseudo-religiosity, but it also places him within cinema's rich surrealist and modernist traditions, from Věra Chytilová to Jacques Rivette.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-25/twin-peaks-review-new-series-is-deliriously-gloriously-bent/8554948

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
Just finished watching Lion.

Spectacular. I don't know if I could watch it again, but it would have to go down as one of the best movies I've seen.

My girlfriend is here in tears right now, its extremely moving. Highly recommended

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Just finished watching Lion.

Spectacular. I don't know if I could watch it again, but it would have to go down as one of the best movies I've seen.

My girlfriend is here in tears right now, its extremely moving. Highly recommended

👍

Yup it's a very powerful film and Saroo's story plays out on the streets of India today with untold thousands of orphaned children living on the streets.
 Go and see Saroo Breirley speak if you get the chance. What you saw in the movie is 25yrs of his life condensed into 2hrs. Hearing him expand on it is interesting. He has visited his Indian family many times since and supports them. He bought his mother a house so she can stop working, helped educate his sister etc. His adopted brother in Hobart was in a dark place in the movie, haunted by his Indian experiences and dulling the memories  with drugs. Apparently he was tortured and abused by relatives charged with looking after him. His arms today still bear the scars of cigarette burns from his uncle. He is apparently in a better place now, holds down a job and has a more normal life.
So lots of facts to fill in the blanks glossed over in the movie when you see Saroo in person.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

New episodes of Better Call Saul out every Tuesday I just discovered