Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
Right any suggestions for tonight. Looks to be bugger all on again. Might be nintendo time.

what are you talking about?

smallville, battlestar and journeyman....all on 10 HD

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Still undecided about Journeyman - sort of a rip-off of Quantum Leap/Tru Calling and just as interesting, but it's completely devoid of humour - just makes it harder to watch.

Offline Aircon

Still undecided about Journeyman - sort of a rip-off of Quantum Leap/Tru Calling and just as interesting, but it's completely devoid of humour - just makes it harder to watch.

maybe if i had a life i'd enjoy it less.

i've never seen the other shows you mentioned.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

i've never seen the other shows you mentioned.

Tru Calling wasn't a big hit, just a chick that had dead people ask her for help and would go backwards a day to fix things.  Started getting monotonous not far in the first season, but then they expanded the storyline to include her arch-rival who went back in time as well to make sure the dead stayed dead... started getting really interesting and then the series was canned. :( - I'm just a nutter for Eliza Dushku (2 of my last 3 gf's have been of similar features) :lovies:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeGyKV3HqN4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeGyKV3HqN4</a>

But Quantum Leap?  Surely you remember that one.  It was from the late 80's and the guy would get thrown back in time and live in someone's body to set history right, and he had this hologram friend from the present (which is probably about now) who would help him and leer at women.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_N8D_nJlp4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_N8D_nJlp4</a>

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Watched the movie "Sublime" this morning, occasionally interesting but yet another pointless and boring movie with no payoff - save for the sense of relief when it's over and you look around at your healthy and not-as-depressing life outside of a hospital and want to keep it that way as long as possible.

There was a lot of subtext, but you get the feeling it was written by a kid who's just left home and realised the world has a lot more to it and thinks it's a revelation for everyone else too.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Watched "Death Proof" - a Tarantino flick starring Kurt Russel and heaps of girls legs.

Very slow and lots of regular Tarantino-Kevin-Smith-esque contrived dialogue sequences, but there's some dam good car chase and stunt bits in it well worth watching, not to mention apart from Russel there's basically nobody else in the movie except hot chicks.  Overall a crap movie, but worth it just for the cars and legs.

Also finally got through "Knocked Up"... I don't know why people have been recommending this film, there's a few real good chuckles in it, but it needs more suspension of disbelief than Die Hard to be able to follow it, and most of the dialogue and interactions are just awkward and stupid without any real humour.  I wasn't interested in watching it to start with, but been told by a few people it's hilarious and it seemed to get good reviews online.  What a waste of time.

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

Hoping to watch pilot episode of Knight Rider tonight..reviews of it have been poor though  :(

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

Knight rider wasn't too bad...i'd give a few more shots. They can only improve on the pilot episode. The Hoff made and appearance as well!  :boggled:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Eureka - Great quirky little show - very Canadian feel to it, kind of like a cross between Due South, X-Files, and Eerie Indiana.  I love it.

Pilot on Ten HD tonight. :cool:

Offline Aircon