Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Just saw Jumper - it gets bad reviews but it's a fun movie, could do with a few laughs but it's pretty cool to see what kind of creative situations they put them into - to the point where the "jumps" are going so fast across the world into ridiculous situations but it's pretty cool.  Overall, a good concept but not explored nor explained adequately - I think it's the sort of movie that really would have been better off as single-season teevee series and taken slower - but then it might have seemed like a really one-dimensional version of Heroes.

Offline Steve.

• Drives: AMG.
  • Name: Steve
Deadwood is a few years old but definitely worth hunting down. Weeds is still current (between seasons at the moment) and is a cracker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadwood_%28TV_series%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weeds_%28TV_series%29

Offline Laminator

• https://www.facebook.com/photoesel/

Offline Steve.

• Drives: AMG.
  • Name: Steve
Weeds is sweet... one of my favourites now that The Sopranos is over.

I also forgot about "Life" - I know it was shown here but for some unfathomable reason the network showing it here decided to cut the season short and show something like 4 episodes fewer than the real season was...!

Cane is also alright. Reasonable entertainment but nothing outstanding.

If you're a food and wine nerd like me, Oz and James' Big Wine Adventure is pretty nifty. James May and Oz Clarke... fun times.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Any Vanilla Sky fans? 

I feel sorta odd like I'm admitting to an earlobe fetish or something when I say I like this movie, but it's one of those few movies that has so many levels and repeat watchability to it.  One thing I've found though is that chicks universally absolutely hate the movie with a passion - not that I've ever brought it up but once every few months it's mentioned in conversation, and I've never heard anyone else like it, and the response from chicks especially is usually filled with the venom usually reserved for talking about your ex-gf's. :?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Balls of Steel - on teevee now.  Seen a few extracts on youtube - some really funny stuff. :D  Neg's Urban Sports is my fave.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENlJB9gDs4g" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENlJB9gDs4g</a>

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

The Incredible Shrinking Man on Ch2... haven't seen it since about 1980 when they had those two geezers who hosted Ch9 overnight.  Such nostalgia :p

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Watched some 50's movie after the F1 - was like a romantic comedy sort of thing for the first half, then was about 30mins solid of pro boxing :confused: 

And was actually pretty visceral! :eek:  However I watched for a while and thought - hey, I'm more buff than those guys :p - I doubt they'll be putting me in a ring with Balboa anytime soon though.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
watched a great movie yesterday called Bobby. I thought it was going to be about Bobby Kennedy, but it was actually about what was going on around him. very good movie, actually, with an interesting cast.

also saw the last x-men. was ok.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

I generally watch stuff 6-24 months before it hits Oz teevee, so here's my thoughts on the last 2 years of the boob tube

Dexter - Top show, 100% recommendation.  A cross between American Psycho and CSI - about a guy who works for a crime lab and is a serial killer - but only kills the scum of humanity.

Noticed they've started advertising this show - I've seen the first two seasons and it's fantastic!  If you couldn't be bothered getting it through other means, definitely watch it on telly.