Offline dkabab

Anyone else having the same problem as me? I've noticed lately that while having 5 bars of signal, it won't load a website. It just sits there idle for a few mins and then works. And other times, it's lightning fast.

It seems to be pretty eradic.

Offline Iggy_Type_R

Anyone else having the same problem as me? I've noticed lately that while having 5 bars of signal, it won't load a website. It just sits there idle for a few mins and then works. And other times, it's lightning fast.

It's been utter shit for last 7 days... on the iPhone, iPad as well as the 3G dongle.  :irked: :thumbsdown:

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass

Been doing that for about 10 days here.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline app

Yep, for the last week or so for me. Network upgrades perhaps?

Although the slowness is no where near as bad as when I had Vodafone :o so I'm not complaining.

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
The logistics system where I work uses 3g modems on nextg in about 1000 vehicles, they stay connected 24/7

We were one of the first big customers and worked with telstra to test parts of their network

It was fantastic for the first few years, however in the past year the number of retries to get data through and reconnections to the network has skyrocketed

For the average truck in a cbd area its gone from one or two reconnections a day to 20.

Its almost certainly network saturation due to exponential growth in mobile devices, trucks in places like shepparton and kalgoorlie don't have the same issue

Offline dkabab

^^^^ i thought that might be the case... especially since telstra smart phone plans are almost on par with the rest of the herd...

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I think we were predicting here that this would happen a year or so ago with the Vodafail and Optus mess.

It's funny because my Optus service has become ten times better in the last year since everyone defected to Telstra. :p

Offline app

^^^^ i thought that might be the case... especially since telstra smart phone plans are almost on par with the rest of the herd...

I don't think it's about the plans as much as the terrible service from Vodafone and to some extent Optus.

I always predicted Telstra would get an influx of customers from Vodafone and Optus but they have the capacity to improve their network more than the other carriers.

But I don't think this is it, not all of a sudden a week or so ago. The influx of customers has been pretty gradual not sudden.

Offline CortinaD

No reported problems here 80 mobiles and data some private wan most not.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Anyone else having the same problem as me? I've noticed lately that while having 5 bars of signal,

Dave - the Signal bars don't have much to do with the data connection.

I course, if you have no bars you will have no data connection.