Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
I've come across a small distillery in the states that is my family name, and was keen to see if it was any good. Turns out they can't even get 1 bottle into the country because of the bonded shipper thing. If anyone is going to be in Upstate NY any time soon, just let me know :D

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

A Motherload of unobtainable :p

Funny you should post that, I got an email earlier today to check out a new glass, The Norlan whiskey glass..........

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Funny you should post that, I got an email earlier today to check out a new glass, The Norlan whiskey glass..........

They look pretty interesting, might have to try them when they hit the market.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

You're not kidding - (better link)

https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_375667/sullivans-cove-single-cask-french-oak-whisky-700ml

The Sullivans Cove French Oak never even hits the shelves of retailers, and in my experience you can no longer get it direct from the distillery either. Last year I ended up stumping up for a 20 litre cask of French Oak that won't be bottled until early 2018.

I came into these 4 by chance via a collector.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

The Sullivans Cove French Oak never even hits the shelves of retailers, and in my experience you can no longer get it direct from the distillery either. Last year I ended up stumping up for a 20 litre cask of French Oak that won't be bottled until early 2018.

I came into these 4 by chance via a collector.

Well I've tasted some epic whiskeys but that must be something else :melting:

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Well I've tasted some epic whiskeys but that must be something else :melting:

Fantastic IMO; but the price is starting to get ridiculous. I first bought it from Dan Murphys on a recommendation before they won the award and it was $110. Then they won the award and it jumped to something like $225 and then $350 and then $450; but by that stage it was sold out before it hit the shelves anyway. I have seen them sell for as high as $695 on eBay recently.
These were $490 a bottle, so not too bad.

Now Japanese single Malt has gone spastic in price as a result of the 2015 awards.

http://www.worldwhiskiesawards.com/2015/single-malt-whisky/japanese.html

I missed out on 4 bottles; but it was over twice the last "normal" retail price so not that fussed.

Offline E7ITE

You've gone up in my estimation, 360c!! Is that the vintage which won the award?

Btw gents, if you havent tried Lagavulin 16 then you're missing out on a fantastic drop/

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Fantastic IMO; but the price is starting to get ridiculous. I first bought it from Dan Murphys on a recommendation before they won the award and it was $110. Then they won the award and it jumped to something like $225 and then $350 and then $450; but by that stage it was sold out before it hit the shelves anyway. I have seen them sell for as high as $695 on eBay recently.
These were $490 a bottle, so not too bad.

Now Japanese single Malt has gone spastic in price as a result of the 2015 awards.

http://www.worldwhiskiesawards.com/2015/single-malt-whisky/japanese.html

I missed out on 4 bottles; but it was over twice the last "normal" retail price so not that fussed.

I guess there would be 2 chances to get a bottle at your buy price.  :p

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

You've gone up in my estimation, 360c!! Is that the vintage which won the award?

Btw gents, if you havent tried Lagavulin 16 then you're missing out on a fantastic drop/

Yes, 2014; but not from the actual cask that one the worlds best single malt award that year. There is slight variation from cask to cask; but these are as close as you are going to get.

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Electric Cars ] The Supercharger thread Aircon Today at 05:23
[ Electric Cars ] Tesla Model X Fortis Today at 04:55
[ Lotus ] Esprit V8 GT Hawkeye Yesterday at 18:36
[ Lamborghini ] 2017 Lamborghini Aventador S scud Yesterday at 17:42
[ Racing ] 2017 Formula 1 Season PA Yesterday at 15:07
[ Off Topic ] Aussie Politics E7ITE Yesterday at 09:28
[ Porsche ] 2017 Porsche 911 GTS - Everything You Need To Know - Video trev0006 Yesterday at 09:15