Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

When I see Dodger as the last to post in the "and today you bought..." thread I always open to read and leave disappointed  :doh:

Bit like a visit to the Frigid Lesbian Knock Shop.....................    :eek:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Don't understand the passion for whisky. But then again I don't really drink spirits.

I will love this then.........

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=higdn4aXF-M" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=higdn4aXF-M</a>

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Boys they have bottles of this in stock right now. Very small amount. I picked up a bottle finally.

You got lucky there Ryan, I can't remember the last time I saw it being available on the website.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Put your name down with them and they will send you a message as soon as they have some in stock again.

Mate, my name has been down with them for years. I got one email and bought immediately; but the following year it was out of stock in the 10 mins it took me to log on after receiving their email. Now I don't even get any emails, despite several requests to add me to the list again.
As mentioned I bought a 20 litre cask of French Oak that will be bottled in 2018 at a cost of $4800 (?). They are supposed to give people who bought a cask first dibs on new French Oak stock when it becomes available. Guess what ? Still no emails or priority given  :doh:
If the stuff wasn't so good I wouldn't persist in dealing with them.

BTW, if you are tempted to go the American Oak version, don't bother IMHO. I bought a few bottles and it isn't in the same league as the French Oak.

Opened one of my 4 French Oak bottles last night..........................  :faint: Just as good as I remembered.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

I will love this then.........

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=higdn4aXF-M" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=higdn4aXF-M</a>

I really want some of those glasses !

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Don't understand the passion for whisky. But then again I don't really drink spirits.

Have you ever tried really good spirits ? 

I was never a whiskey drinker either, probably because I had never tried anything better than Johnny Walker. Then I was offered something decent and I was hooked. I also like good Cognac.

Despite a love of single malt whiskey, to this day there is a lot of shit whiskey that I just can't drink . May as well take a swig out of the 99% ethanol we have at work     :thumbsdown:.

Offline fivesix

If it wasn't for you I wouldn't have asked. I am also on the mailing list, and got no email!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Mate, my name has been down with them for years. I got one email and bought immediately; but the following year it was out of stock in the 10 mins it took me to log on after receiving their email. Now I don't even get any emails, despite several requests to add me to the list again.
As mentioned I bought a 20 litre cask of French Oak that will be bottled in 2018 at a cost of $4800 (?). They are supposed to give people who bought a cask first dibs on new French Oak stock when it becomes available. Guess what ? Still no emails or priority given  :doh:
If the stuff wasn't so good I wouldn't persist in dealing with them.

BTW, if you are tempted to go the American Oak version, don't bother IMHO. I bought a few bottles and it isn't in the same league as the French Oak.

Opened one of my 4 French Oak bottles last night..........................  :faint: Just as good as I remembered.

I only have American Oak at the moment.......   :(

I missed out this morning as well, But I do know where there is a bottle and I will be going around first thing I get home to get it.   :p

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

If it wasn't for you I wouldn't have asked. I am also on the mailing list, and got no email!

Hmmmm, no email ?

Not good. I wonder if it is a case of a tiny Tasmanian company being totally overwhelmed by demand in a very short space of time.
Then again, Tasmanian folks can have a very laid back approach to things in my experience.