Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

So overnight the Bali 2 have been executed.

They didn't muck around once the order was given but going by the reactions this morning it could get very interesting.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

They didn't muck around once the order was given but going by the reactions this morning it could get very interesting.

The way it was handled was appalling, the families were destroyed.

The inquiry into judicial corruption is happening soon, luckily for them 2 of the key witnesses were executed last night along with the Australians, what a lucky break. :rolleyes:

Offline dkabab

While I don't think Capitol punishment was a necessary step, they did the crime they didn't deny it. They face the consequences of the county they're in. The end.

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
It doesnt matter in this case how corrupt anyone was.

Theres absolutely zero doubt they are 100% guilty on all charges.

Of late the Australian population seems to be listening to people interviewed on tv who are talking around in complex circles about constitutions, corruption, clemency, and various other crap that keeps people employed.

The law is, drug trafficking is punishable by death. They are dead. The law was upheld.

I dont agree with it personally, but dont let a heap of guys in suits and sign wavers holding self portraits convince you they were in any way innocent.

I have heard people in my office this morning upset that 2 beautiful innocent Australians were killed by Widodo who has blood on his hands (from the daily courier mail photoshop).

He has as much blood on his hands as Obama, Shinzo Abe, Xi Jinping, and numerous others.

Better recall our ambassadors from their also, someone tell Kim Beazley to come home!

Offline Tiger

It doesnt matter in this case how corrupt anyone was.

Theres absolutely zero doubt they are 100% guilty on all charges.

Of late the Australian population seems to be listening to people interviewed on tv who are talking around in complex circles about constitutions, corruption, clemency, and various other crap that keeps people employed.

The law is, drug trafficking is punishable by death. They are dead. The law was upheld.

I dont agree with it personally, but dont let a heap of guys in suits and sign wavers holding self portraits convince you they were in any way innocent.

I have heard people in my office this morning upset that 2 beautiful innocent Australians were killed by Widodo who has blood on his hands (from the daily courier mail photoshop).

He has as much blood on his hands as Obama, Shinzo Abe, Xi Jinping, and numerous others.

Better recall our ambassadors from their also, someone tell Kim Beazley to come home!

It must cost a fortune in pies, Kim can eat he is a big lad.
Roll on summer

Offline app

I doubt it would get that interesting.  The Government might do minor things such as pull out the ambassador but at the end of the day Australia and Indonesia need each other.  Australia is not going to hurt itself playing a game of tit-for-tat and Indonesia is not going to care what minor paybacks the Government does.

Athough Indonesia did rub it in by putting on an excessive military presence to transfer the two and by announcing the executions on Anzac day.  There is going to be some pressure on the Government to level the power between the two nations as no response would look weak.

Offline Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT
I donít believe all this Good Samaritan shit the media is trying to pull on the Australian public. The fact is they conspired to import more than eight kilograms of heroin from Bali into Australia and they got caught.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

The death penalty is barbaric but in saying that IMO there are monsters out there who need to be put down.

We are human beings, by nature we are barbarians. If it wasnít for the fact that we have a structured society, social programming and Laws/ governance I am sure we would be running around killing each other freely, but that is a topic for another thread.

In this case, these two didnít murder anybody but if 9kilos of heroin got out there, how many people would it have killed or ruined. We may not agree with the laws of other countries, we may not agree that the death penalty is the right punishment, but it is what it is. I do feel for the families due to the barbaric way this was carried out but at the same time respect for the laws of other countries has to be given as the laws are within the ICCPR guide lines.

It will be a storm in a teacup for a while then it will be forgotten about...............

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
The ambassador was recalled, which was no doubt planned.
I would go so far as to predict the Indonesian government was told we would have to do this to appease the masses but it will be only temporary.

Also, 8 people were executed, 2 of them Australian.
Nothing about the process was targeted at Australia.
I saw a lawyer for one of the 2 Australians on ABC news 24 urging people in Australia not to think like the media is telling us to think.

The 2 (eight.) would have received exactly the same treatment regardless of where they came from, just like the Dutch, French and various other before them.

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

While I don't think Capitol punishment was a necessary step, they did the crime they didn't deny it. They face the consequences of the county they're in. The end.
+1