Offline app

The ambassador was recalled, which was no doubt planned.
I would go so far as to predict the Indonesian government was told we would have to do this to appease the masses but it will be only temporary.

If it wasn't for the Anzac Day announcement and the big military display spectacle in the transfer I'd agree with you, but I do agree the Government will want it to go away as soon as possible.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

I donít believe all this Good Samaritan shit the media is trying to pull on the Australian public. The fact is they conspired to import more than eight kilograms of heroin from Bali into Australia and they got caught.

These guys would have made millions if they didnt get caught, and they likely would have done it again and again, and no doubt are not rookies when it comes to the drug trade.

How much blood has been on their hands whilst they were plying their trade.

I make no comment on the suitability of the death sentence as a punishment, but these people made a conscious decision to take the risk of passing thorugh a country where should they be caught death may be their penalty

Offline Sparkz

• Drives: Datsun
Over 5000 INNOCENT people are dead from the earthquake in nepal and these 2 morons get more media coverage.

Get rich or die tryin

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
These guys would have made millions if they didnt get caught, and they likely would have done it again and again, and no doubt are not rookies when it comes to the drug trade.
How much blood has been on their hands whilst they were plying their trade.
I make no comment on the suitability of the death sentence as a punishment, but these people made a conscious decision to take the risk of passing thorugh a country where should they be caught death may be their penalty

Actually no they wouldn't have made millions as they were not the real ring leaders. The real king pins are safe and sound back in Australia. These guys were just one level above the mules and were running things on the ground at the pointy end. Their cut was supposedly not that much more than the mules. I can't believe anybody would think these poor dumb muts who lived at home with mum and dad would have the money and connections, let alone the brains to run an 8.5 kg operation.
The AFP have blood on their hands now. They apparently know who the big boys are; but have let them get away with it. They should have arrested these guys on Australian soil.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Actually no they wouldn't have made millions as they were not the real ring leaders. The real king pins are safe and sound back in Australia. These guys were just one level above the mules and were running things on the ground at the pointy end. Their cut was supposedly not that much more than the mules. I can't believe anybody would think these poor dumb muts who lived at home with mum and dad would have the money and connections, let alone the brains to run an 8.5 kg operation.
The AFP have blood on their hands now. They apparently know who the big boys are; but have let them get away with it. They should have arrested these guys on Australian soil.

I'm not that clued up on teh drug industry

One thing which a former magistrate mentioned to me was that what the AFP did goes againts their constitution.  Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but the AFP acted unlawfully in tipping off the indonesians because the punishment of death for such a crime is not inline with our laws.

regardless -  my opinion doesnt change

Offline S4Simon

• The Rubber King of Adelaide

• Drives: Something a metre high
Wonder what they thought when they read this at the airport.

I've been rich & I've been poor...

Rich is better

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
I'm not that clued up on teh drug industry

One thing which a former magistrate mentioned to me was that what the AFP did goes againts their constitution.  Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but the AFP acted unlawfully in tipping off the indonesians because the punishment of death for such a crime is not inline with our laws.
regardless -  my opinion doesnt change

The AFP has been very quiet on the issue and has refused to comment when this is put to them. It will be interesting to see what happens now that it is done and dusted.

Wasn't having a go at you with my post Arthur :)
I am actively involved in drug rehabilitation and have very strong opinions about the whole thing.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

But they didn't and that order had to of come from somewhere. Apparently there was flags on all the passports but customs were told to ignore them.

It doesn't matter anyway, what will be done, nothing.........

Offline j15

Ten years ago these two people were deeply stupid and immature and made a disgraceful decision to traffic heroin. It's a particularly moronic thing to do in a country where it's widely known that capital punishment applies to drug trafficking (but the harshest penalties will very rarely temper brazen stupidity).

In the years since it's widely accepted that they were rehabilitated, reformed, and a positive example for the others that they were imprisoned with. There is an executive discretion to commute death sentences to life imprisonment. That being the case, it's hard to think of a more appropriate and deserving case for mercy in a situation like this.