Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

The AFP has been very quiet on the issue and has refused to comment when this is put to them. It will be interesting to see what happens now that it is done and dusted.

They are planning a statement but have said they won't make it at this time out of respect for the families.   

Still won't matter.......

I am actively involved in drug rehabilitation and have very strong opinions about the whole thing.

As do I, I have had friends and family ruined by drugs.

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

The AFP have blood on their hands now. They apparently know who the big boys are; but have let them get away with it. They should have arrested these guys on Australian soil.

100% agree. Its the AFP who are at fault. NEVER trust your government!!!

Offline RMV

• A Country Member

Actually no they wouldn't have made millions as they were not the real ring leaders. The real king pins are safe and sound back in Australia. These guys were just one level above the mules and were running things on the ground at the pointy end. Their cut was supposedly not that much more than the mules. I can't believe anybody would think these poor dumb muts who lived at home with mum and dad would have the money and connections, let alone the brains to run an 8.5 kg operation.

Correct.

Gee the world's a funny place:

http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/who-was-the-ringleader-behind-bali-nine-drug-smuggling-syndicate/story-fnh81fz8-1227215579634

http://www.smh.com.au/national/suspected-bali-nine-mastermind-living-in-luxury-as-andrew-chan-and-myuran-sukumaran-sit-on-death-row-20150211-13aypt.html

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Offline ACP

• Lives in a Metro Tangerine

• Drives: McLaren
Geoffrey Robertson and his view on the situation in relation to international law is quite interesting:

"...the executions of Chan and Sukumaran would breach international law in three ways:

1. Because capital punishment should be kept to the worst offences, such as murder and terrorism, not drug smuggling

2. Because no execution should proceed while legal procedures are under way (i.e. the Constitutional Court appeal due to be heard on May 12, 2015)

3. Because people should not be executed after a prolonged stay on death row, because "the constant alternation of hope with despair [amounts] to mental torture, and [is] contrary to the convention on torture.""

While you cannot question that they committed the crime with the full knowledge of the consequences, the fashion and timeframe in which the executions took place is what should be questioned.

Mind you, death row in the US appears to be a pretty psychologically tortuous place given the timeframe it takes and the methods of execution too.

Offline ACP

• Lives in a Metro Tangerine

• Drives: McLaren
The AFP have blood on their hands now. They apparently know who the big boys are; but have let them get away with it. They should have arrested these guys on Australian soil.

Another quote from Geoffrey Robertson:

"It's unconscionable to provide information that will send people to the firing squad," he said.

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

I don’t believe all this Good Samaritan shit the media is trying to pull on the Australian public. The fact is they conspired to import more than eight kilograms of heroin from Bali into Australia and they got caught.
+1.

barlow and chambers were hanged for a measly 141 grams of heroin.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
If you need to take drugs, have a beer or a scotch. If you need more than that spend your money on some therapy. Drugs are never the answer.
Everyone in Australia that regularly uses illegal drugs are partially responsible for the death of these guys. If there was no drug users and no drug trade there would be no Bali 9.. From what I heard these guys threatend the families of the other mules, they sure arent victims. They knew the risk, they took it and failed. Just like we do in business. People go bankrupt chasing heir dreams and sometimes commit suicide. In a way these guys took risks to chase their dreams and failed. In a way they commited suicide.

So many more worthwhile people to feel bad for in Nepal and in prisons in the US where they were innocent and got the death penalty. I'm tired of hearing about these guys, cant wait for it all to faid away.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
+1.

barlow and chambers were hanged for a measly 141 grams of heroin.

Roger....did you notice CAMS issued their anti drug policy by email today.......I'm not into coincidences but its rather odd, and the penalties are harsh, even if a team member is guilt by association it can jeopardise a team.
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.