Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

It doesn't get off to a good start.  It's nothing like as bad as a GST of 12.5%

GST is still 10% isn't it ?

This will grow every year and with Bob Brown more concerned about Gay marriage I just don't see how Wayne Swan and Juliar will be able to look after anyone besides themselves.
I'll be very interested to see what the next poll says, should only be a day or so.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Offline Dave_A

I understand the supposed need for this tax and I understand the Greens pushing the issue,you vote for the greens,this is what you get. But what I don't understand is the timing.
With the economy so fragile as it is now,and with retail spending at an all time low,utility bills up to shit and grocery prices through the roof,was it really necessary to introduce such a controversial tax on top of everything else that's going on?
I fear THIS will be the straw that breaks the camel's back.I hope not,but I fear it.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

But what I don't understand is the timing.
With the economy so fragile as it is now,and with retail spending at an all time low,utility bills up to shit and grocery prices through the roof,was it really necessary to introduce such a controversial tax on top of everything else that's going on?
I fear THIS will be the straw that breaks the camel's back.I hope not,but I fear it.

Simple, with the exception of Malcom Turnbull, nobody else currently in politics has any idea on how to run a business in real life.  With all the perks they get as politicians they are so out of touch with reality costs and what it takes to make money.  And these people are running our country!!!!

All they care about is votes and ideology.  It's unfortunate that the stupidity of the Greens voters is what brought us to where we are now.  Knowing what they know now -  would they change who they voted for??

Australia is gonna be a very expensive place to live.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Simple, with the exception of Malcom Turnbull, nobody else currently in politics has any idea on how to run a business in real life.  With all the perks they get as politicians they are so out of touch with reality costs and what it takes to make money.  And these people are running our country!!!!

All they care about is votes and ideology.  It's unfortunate that the stupidity of the Greens voters is what brought us to where we are now.  Knowing what they know now -  would they change who they voted for??

Australia is gonna be a very expensive place to live.

And the science is highly debatable, have a look at the interview I posted above, skip to 4:30 to see the start.

here -

http://ten.com.au/video-player.htm?movideo_p=44795&movideo_m=117200

4.25 to be exact

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Knowing what they know now -  would they change who they voted for??

Are you kidding?  They would be thrilled to bits after yesterday. 

Offline dkabab

If the government got paid 10 times more, would you get the top CEOs of the country running for parliament? As it is, they are better off running the top companies.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

And the science is highly debatable, have a look at the interview I posted above, skip to 4:30 to see the start.

here -

http://ten.com.au/video-player.htm?movideo_p=44795&movideo_m=117200

yeah, I saw that yesterday. 

If this country really wanted to reduce our reliance on carbon emissions then they would be building  nuclear power plants -  but the minority protest groups and the Greens wont like that so thats a no go.