Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

And a full 1%?????   Was expecting .5% but a full 1% - wow.

yea, and the AU$ is still maintaining in the low .72's....I thought it'd drop to .70 by now as the market would have only factored in 50bp cut...I'm sure the so called 'experts' will have an explanation tonight  :rolleyes:

at least I can now borrow more money cheaply and buy more assets that are getting cheaper... :scratchchin:

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
at least I can now borrow more money cheaply and buy more assets that are getting cheaper... :scratchchin:

Assets?  Nah, I vote for liabilities with 4 wheels instead.  :thumbsup:

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
yea, and the AU$ is still maintaining in the low .72's....I thought it'd drop to .70 by now as the market would have only factored in 50bp cut...I'm sure the so called 'experts' will have an explanation tonight  :rolleyes:

It was 0.69 last night when I transferred over. I picked the time of the day well :D

If the $ drops to the 50s, I'll make each month an extra $50k-$60k compared to when it's in the 90s. Now you know why I was so pissed when the A$ was strong. I was losing money for no reason. Products that I used to sell for $300 in 2001, were only bringing in $150odd this year, solely due to the exchange rate. AND all my manufacturing costs more than doubled since 2001, and shipping costs have gone up by 1.5times.

So now I am giddy every time I look at xe.com
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

It was 0.69 last night when I transferred over. I picked the time of the day well :D

If the $ drops to the 50s, I'll make each month an extra $50k-$60k compared to when it's in the 90s. Now you know why I was so pissed when the A$ was strong. I was losing money for no reason. Products that I used to sell for $300 in 2001, were only bringing in $150odd this year, solely due to the exchange rate. AND all my manufacturing costs more than doubled since 2001, and shipping costs have gone up by 1.5times.

So now I am giddy every time I look at xe.com

Yeah shipping costs sucks, not so much international, more so local... should do costing to buy our own trucks lol..

out of curiosity, what type or category of goods do you export?

I've stopped looking at xe.com...too depressing...plus the iPhone application for FX tracker is much faster  ;)

Offline andecorp

out of curiosity, what type or category of goods do you export?

Food stuffs.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline andecorp

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Well, it seems that the 1% cut did the job today. Aussie market looking better tonight.

Will have to see if it's going to continue.

US still doesn't look really good.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

There will always be reasons to sit tight, wait for better times, look out for a deal, etc etc.  Unfortunately, we only have a certain number of days on the planet so you are better off accepting whatever environment you are given and getting on with living. 

Anyway, when times are good, the price of everything is high and when times are bad, prices and deals get better - so it all evens out in the end.  If you have a mind to do something, just do it!

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
There will always be reasons to sit tight, wait for better times, look out for a deal, etc etc.  Unfortunately, we only have a certain number of days on the planet so you are better off accepting whatever environment you are given and getting on with living. 

Anyway, when times are good, the price of everything is high and when times are bad, prices and deals get better - so it all evens out in the end.  If you have a mind to do something, just do it!

now that you mention it....very good advice!

I love my car. Buy your own