Offline waz356

now that you mention it....very good advice!

+1. I also have another of MHH's quotes saved:

I think the daily driver concept has something to do with keeping the sports car for "special occasions". I figure there aren't enough days left on the planet to be saving up for special occasions.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
 :scratchchin:

If you have difficulty understanding the current world financial situation, the following should help...

Once upon a time in a village in India, a man announced to the villagers that he would buy monkeys for $10.

The villagers seeing there were many monkeys around, went out to the forest and started catching them.
The man bought thousands at $10, but, as the supply started to diminish, the villagers stopped their efforts. The man further announced that he would now buy at $20. This renewed the efforts of the villagers and they started catching monkeys again.

Soon the supply diminished even further and people started going back to their farms. The offer rate increased to $25 and the supply of monkeys became so little that it was an effort to even see a monkey, let alone catch it!

The man now announced that he would buy monkeys at $50! However, since he had to go to the city on some business, his assistant would now act as buyer, on his behalf.

In the absence of the man, the assistant told the villagers: ' Look at all these monkeys in the big cage that the man has collected. I will sell them to you at $35 and when he returns from the city, you can sell them back to him for $50. '

The villagers squeezed together their savings and bought all the monkeys.

Then they never saw the man or his assistant again, only monkeys everywhere! Welcome to WALL STREET.

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

There will always be reasons to sit tight, wait for better times, look out for a deal, etc etc.  Unfortunately, we only have a certain number of days on the planet so you are better off accepting whatever environment you are given and getting on with living. 

Anyway, when times are good, the price of everything is high and when times are bad, prices and deals get better - so it all evens out in the end.  If you have a mind to do something, just do it!
In finance if you are only even after a period of time then you've actually gone backwards. But in a world of relativity if everyone has gone backwards and you're even that means you've gone ahead. ..it takes so long to post something on this site using the iPhone that I've forgotten the point I was gonna make..

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

it takes so long to post something on this site using the iPhone that I've forgotten the point I was gonna make..

Yeah I have issues too - I might have to lighten up the post screen to include the minimum stuff, it's just too laggy with all the javascript and crap that gets loaded by default.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
Yeah I have issues too - I might have to lighten up the post screen to include the minimum stuff, it's just too laggy with all the javascript and crap that gets loaded by default.

oh about fucking time!!!

it's been stopping me from logging on via mobile for months!
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

It probably won't help logging on - at this stage I couldn't be bothered revamping the entire site to suit mobiles (I don't get paid Facebook wages :( ) but I'm willing to redo the posting/reply page which seems to be the biggest issue.

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

Dow took a hammering last night...more day trade opportunities today?

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
Dow took a hammering last night...more day trade opportunities today?

yes indeedy :)

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
There will always be reasons to sit tight, wait for better times, look out for a deal, etc etc.  Unfortunately, we only have a certain number of days on the planet so you are better off accepting whatever environment you are given and getting on with living. 

Anyway, when times are good, the price of everything is high and when times are bad, prices and deals get better - so it all evens out in the end.  If you have a mind to do something, just do it!

This certainly rings true for me.

But all the regulars here need to be aware that my wife will probably hold you all responsible when I finally find the right toy for me.  :D

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

This certainly rings true for me.

But all the regulars here need to be aware that my wife will probably hold you all responsible when I finally find the right toy for me.  :D

LOL - what he said.  :p

Quote from wife "Your not on that Bloody site again are you, Geeeeez!!!!!"