Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
in other news

my family and I are all doing our citizenship shortly...

been here for 12 years, thought it was about time...  :tilt:

Offline Neru

in other news

my family and I are all doing our citizenship shortly...

been here for 12 years, thought it was about time...  :tilt:

Took my 15 years to get mine, I was a nz citizen so pretty much had the same benefits as Australian citizen

Offline cel

8 years now, will probably do mine as well this year :)

Offline deangpsx8

• I Am Legend
  • I am legend in my own lunchbox

• Drives: Everyone Crazy
  • Name: Dean
  • www: Intellitrac.com.au
I have many Muslims working for me. I have always found them to be very ethical, tolerant and peaceful people. It is such a pity a small minority screws it up for the rest of them and they are all tainted with the same brush as a result.

Totally unacceptable behavior.

If a parity video was made portraying Jesus, the Extremist Christians would voice their opinion in a civilized manner not going out and killing innocent people.

These guys seriously need a chill pill or basically go back to their country.
In the same token the western world should leave them be and let them sort out the middle east by themselves.

The west seriously needs to find oil in other parts of the world and leave these guys to themselves.
Then the extremist Muslims will have nothing to hate the west and over time hopefully terrorism will disappear.

Persistence Beats Resistance

Offline BAFTOZ

• Drives: 2005 Ferrari 360 Spider
  • Name: Elvir
Just thought I'd give my two cents worth. I am a Muslim and a practicing one. I do my five daily prayers, fast during Ramadan etc. I don't consider myself to know everything but do the best I know. This stuff happening in Sydney is crazy. It's not normal, myself and all my family that I have spoken with feel sick after seeing what's going on, and it is hurtfull to see people say things like bring back Pauline Hanson, thats trading one piece of shit for another. These protests started from a video disrespecting our prophet Muhammad pbuh. I can bet the 95% of the idiots at the protests didnt even know what'sgoing on, just seeing an opportunity to make some trouble. My father always taught me to "treat others they way you would like to be treated" I'd like to think if everyone I'd the same we wouldn't  be seeing this stupidity. So what some idiot made a video, all the Muslims have done now is proven that he was right. If we handled this Differently they way prophet Muhammad would have wanted us the the world would see through the lies of the video.  I am sadend to admit that a good number of so called Muslims are from poorer countries and they simply are unintelligent . I was born overseas, but been here since I was one and i can say I'm a proud Australian. It's this country that gave my the opportunities and freedoms to be who I am. In trying to keep it short as possible, violence like this, signs saying behead this and that is I can safely say against the teachings of any religion not just Islam. Most people including  clients etc are shocked to hear I'm Muslim when they find out, because they just didn't expect it, and I understand that the acts of a few idiots out there we are all branded the same. So please dont judge the whole Muslim community with the stupid acts of a few. Please forgive spelling as this was a nightmare to type on an IPad

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
what he said...
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I understand that the acts of a few idiots out there we are all branded the same. So please dont judge the whole Muslim community

It's more than just a few, this is going on all over Europe as well, they do spoil it for all other Muslims though, same as if it was Catholics doing this, what would you think of all Catholics ?
The consequesces are unaviodable for all Muslims.

Offline blackr35

When we have clowns like the Westboro Baptist Church (google them if you care to) representing Christians, other Christians denounce them and they are frankly ridiculed. When Muslims riot, there is generally deafening silence from other Muslims (the considered, rational, sensible views of BAFTOZ above aside). In fact, when Muslims riot, there seems to be a great rejoicing and similar rioting from countries and people that generally have their hand out every time they are in trouble. When famine or natural disaster strike the Muslim countries, I don't see the UAE and oil rich countries weighing in to help.

In Australia, the rule of Australian law applies. Rioters, of whatever political or religious persuasion, should feel the full and unfettered power of this law. Full stop.

ps : We should apply the same citizenship qualification rules as Switzerland and the US - no dual citizenship, and residency/stronger entry requirements. 'Permanent residency' shouldn't confer welfare entitlements.

Offline BAFTOZ

• Drives: 2005 Ferrari 360 Spider
  • Name: Elvir
It's more than just a few, this is going on all over Europe as well, they do spoil it for all other Muslims though, same as if it was Catholics doing this, what would you think of all Catholics ?
The consequesces are unaviodable for all Muslims.

Me personally no, when I hear a Catholic priest molesting some poor kid, I don't sit there and say all Catholics do this it's one sicko. I've always seen good and bad within every religion. In saying that yes I agree there are tensions all over the world. Stuff happening in Europe with the banning of head scarves etc. I have spoken to a few Muslims, one of them who was recently arrested by Asio in relation to terrorist activities. When I knew the family a few years ago,they used to winge they don't like this and that about Australia, I was always in arguments don't like it piss off. Go back to the third world country where it's there way or no way if you think it's better. Stop trying to change Australia. It's a real shame what's going, and I'm saddened and embarrassed by all that's happening, this is 100% guaranteed not what Islam preaches.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Minorities always cause problems for the majority.

I would be very interested to know how many of the trouble making younger people in these riots all over the world have actually seen the video that they are carrying on about. Id be very surprised if it was over 10% and not surprised if it was under 2%.