Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Gah - now that we're into like week 3 of around 40 degree temps the heat itself isn't the worst problem out there, it's the smell!  The city is now just a series of random pockets of stench - heat brings out smells, and now walking through town is just a matter of going from one bad odour to another, it's disgusting, like walking through a tip. :(

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
Gah - now that we're into like week 3 of around 40 degree temps the heat itself isn't the worst problem out there, it's the smell!  The city is now just a series of random pockets of stench - heat brings out smells, and now walking through town is just a matter of going from one bad odour to another, it's disgusting, like walking through a tip. :(

yeah?

doesn't happen here. are you sure it's not just your smell?

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Possibly - but I'm talking specifically in the CBD, plus we've had 15 days straight of 36-40 degrees, not some freak day where melbourne actually got over 30...  rundle and pulteney street which i walk down every day have lots of cafes and restaurants, and so all the food scraps in the bins out the back and down laneways are really festy and the smells are penetrating into the street.  Wonderfully appetising!

Offline waz356

It's fine up in the hills.  :)

Offline Steve.

• Drives: AMG.
  • Name: Steve
Yeah, the hills - at least around here - don't even smell like bushfire!

Playing golf is the pits, though. All the ponds stink of duck poop and mud and other gunk... not pleasant.

Offline waz356

Yeah, the hills - at least around here - don't even smell like bushfire!

Playing golf is the pits, though. All the ponds stink of duck poop and mud and other gunk... not pleasant.

I played golf last Friday at Mt. Osmond at the Ricoh corporate day. It was the first time i've tried to hit a ball with a stick for nearly 20 years and fcuk it was hot. I really enjoyed it though. Something i could easily do once a month - like I need another hobby.  :rolleyes:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

I tried to get into golf a while back... Doing the sunday thing didn't do it for me, so wed arvo after work me and a mate would sneak onto North Adelaide links and knock our way through the back nine - which lead onto the 10th at the Welli hotel, 11th at Danny O'connell, 12th at Oxford hotel, 13th at Archer hotel...  I don't really recall many of the other holes......   :drink:

Offline Steve.

• Drives: AMG.
  • Name: Steve
I played golf last Friday at Mt. Osmond at the Ricoh corporate day. It was the first time i've tried to hit a ball with a stick for nearly 20 years and fcuk it was hot. I really enjoyed it though. Something i could easily do once a month - like I need another hobby.  :rolleyes:
That's my local - I live up there. I went up to hit a few buckets on Friday but stepped out of the car and decided against it - way too hot. Hope nobody keeled over. I've seen it happen before up there during trade days - too much beer, too much sun, too much heat...

I try to play a few times a week. I've got a case of Basket Press on the line with Dad - I win if my handicap is lower than his by January 1 2009! It could be an expensive loss though!

I tried to get into golf a while back... Doing the sunday thing didn't do it for me, so wed arvo after work me and a mate would sneak onto North Adelaide links and knock our way through the back nine - which lead onto the 10th at the Welli hotel, 11th at Danny O'connell, 12th at Oxford hotel, 13th at Archer hotel...  I don't really recall many of the other holes......   :drink:
Pub golf, hey... that always gets messy :)

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
I played golf last Friday

i get the impression you're not a very good golf player....something about cheryl telling me she's always looking for your balls and not being able to find them.

I love my car. Buy your own

goober

i get the impression you're not a very good golf player....something about cheryl telling me she's always looking for your balls and not being able to find them.

he has big balls, i saw them on you tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAhSSy4_7mc