Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/09/01/3000099.htm

The Stig finally unmasked
By London correspondent Rachael Brown

Updated 1 hour 47 minutes ago

Ben Collins, who began his racing career in 1994 and drove at Formula Three level, unmasked. (Getty: Robert Cianflone)

Related Story: Identity of Top Gear's Stig revealed: report Related Story: Schumacher is Top Gear's Stig - maybe Related Story: Top Gear moves to Nine Related Story: Top Gear gets US spin-off The BBC has lost its fight to keep the identity of the mystery driver on its popular motoring program Top Gear a secret.

The Top Gear audience has long enjoyed the mystery surrounding the identity of The Stig - the driver in the white racing overalls and dark-visored helmet.

But in London's High Court overnight the mystery driver was named as former Formula Three racer Ben Collins.

The BBC had wanted to stop the publication of Mr Collins' autobiography, The Man In The White Suit, in which he outs himself as the mystery driver.

The BBC argued that Top Gear fans enjoyed the intrigue over The Stig's identity.

In court, Top Gear presenter James May joked that he did not know Collins.

"What was his name again? Ben Collins? Sounds like an accountant," he said.

But the High Court refused to grant an injunction blocking the book's publication.

Collins, who also featured as a stunt driver in the James Bond film Quantum Of Solace, was first named as The Stig in media reports last year after he went to a photographic studio to commission prints of the masked driver in action.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Well, that's it.......

It's like getting a beautiful woman in your bed and then finding she has a big cock than you, all the mystery is gone...... :irked:

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

He's bringing out a book, I dont want to buy it in case I find out Clarkson is gay.

There will be a new Stig no doubt, but will this stuff up the times already recorded ? with a new stig the times won't be as comparable, different driver, different results.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

He's bringing out a book, I dont want to buy it in case I find out Clarkson is gay.

Why, do you have a crush?????

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Why, do you have a crush?????

Na the crooked teeth, fat gut and bad breath put me off.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Just close your eyes and think of the cars..............

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Just close your eyes and think of the cars..............

I think thats what Hammond does.

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

I don't know what he thinks is going to happen. He wants to be able to make money off being the stig but if his contract says he has to be concealed then the can easily fire him. As for making money, I don't hear of Perry Macarthur rolling in it (the black stig).

Offline TomE

Cats out the bag, hopefully they play up on it.
They should kill off the white Stig next season, Ep1. Then show a secret bunker where they have hundreds of genetically identical Stigs in cold storage, and just unfreeze the next one...

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
Kill of the White Stig - Boycot the book.. :irked:
Let the new PC Stig live (just to piss of Clarkson)

All Hail the GREEN STIG :D :D :D :D