Offline Neru

The one area I am going to buy some supps, is in the 'pre workout' bucket of stimulants ... for no reason other than that the mental/focus aspect means I'm doing more at every gym session and more inclined to go hard.

example product for arguing about: http://www.mrsupplement.com.au/cellucor-c4-extreme

(note, no affiliation with this site, just easiest way to linky to product...)

If you want pre work with good focus try assault.  It's the best one I've tried so far, craze is good as well bit doesn't give the same sort of pump you get with assault

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
That just makes me question the accuracy of my trainer's body fat readings. Will be interested to hear what %BF you think I am come December.

Show them Andecorp's reference pictures for a response. I think we'd all love to hear back. If this thread dispels a few myths then it's gold.
C'mon, do it!

Offline allanuber

If you want pre work with good focus try assault.  It's the best one I've tried so far, craze is good as well bit doesn't give the same sort of pump you get with assault

Good tip. Will try C4, then will try Assault. Will post emotional response to each  :)

Edit: ditching Assault due to 9 grams of carbs/serve...
C'mon, do it!

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
B12 is the same. Tablets dont make it to your blood, you need to inject..
Correct.
Its what they call the weight loss industry ripping off the unsuspecting victim. ;)
Exactly. It's a totally unregulated industry around the whole world. 90%+ of products don't meet label claims. And they use false claims for the products. Like L-carnt and B-12. All the studies that showed them being efficient were done with injectibles. The orals are useless but are promoted by the supp companies to the uneducated.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline andecorp

My 2 cents - any 'fat loss' supplements are a total waste of time unless your diet's already solid and you're already starting to see real abs.

My 4 cents ... a 'real' sub-10% bodyfat reading means you're either amazingly focussed or a genetic freak. It'd be good if we have one of the two here   :)

100% correct.

Offline andecorp

BTW, since we were talking about L-carnintine before, anyone interested, read this:
http://www.synthetek.com/the-science-behind-synthetine/

It's possibly the best article on the subject that exists and it shows the complexities of how to use such a product.

Offline andecorp

Offline allanuber

BTW, since we were talking about L-carnintine before, anyone interested, read this:
http://www.synthetek.com/the-science-behind-synthetine/

It's possibly the best article on the subject that exists and it shows the complexities of how to use such a product.

why you no sell here in oz????    :(
C'mon, do it!

Offline tentacles1

Show them Andecorp's reference pictures for a response. I think we'd all love to hear back. If this thread dispels a few myths then it's gold.

For sure. I am not targeting a physique like those shown in the pics but will be interesting to see if I can get low body fat and still look natural at the weight I am going for.

Offline tentacles1

Also, is it worth moving this thread to the member's section? Particularly once we start sharing pics.