Offline id

• Drives: A small blue car.
So,

Just picked up a nice Caol Illa 12 (Gordon Macphail bottling) which isn't too bad. A touch lighter than my other Islay drops but pleasant enough all the same.

Big fan of most Islay whiskeys and, well, that's about it.

Who else is a fan?

Offline Steve.

• Drives: AMG.
  • Name: Steve
I am also a big Islay fan - my favourite probably being Bowmore. I had a fantastic 30 year old bottling I picked up relatively cheaply in Singapore this time last year but it didn't last long. I also rate Bruichladdich and Caol Ila.

On the other side of the pond I really do like good Bourbon. My go-to is a toss up between Woodford Reserve and Maker's Mark.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
As mentioned elsewhere, I've discovered a love for Single Malt Scotch.
I've worked my way through all the 30 year olds stocked at Dan Murphys, and quite a few 20 and 25 year olds.

The conclusion of all this extensive research is that Glenfarcla's 30 year old is the best in terms of taste and interestingly, value. At $330 it comes in $180 less than the Glenfiddich 30 yr old; but has a superior taste. They have obviously put the money into the Scotch rather than the fancy wooden box, and that works for me  :thumbsup:

http://danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_903896/glenfarclas-30-year-old-scotch-whisky?CAWELAID=872376003&catargetid=1808830322&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CP-6h6u5s7YCFUJMpgod_g0AYA

It's getting hard to find though as it is frequently out of stock, so I'm obviously not the only person to discover it.

Offline Horse

• Hung like Einstein

I've worked my way through all the 30 year olds stocked at Dan Murphys, and quite a few 20 and 25 year olds.

The conclusion of all this extensive research is that Glenfarcla's 30 year old is the best in terms of taste and interestingly, value. At $330 it comes in $180 less than the Glenfiddich 30 yr old; but has a superior taste. They have obviously put the money into the Scotch rather than the fancy wooden box, and that works for me  :thumbsup:

http://danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_903896/glenfarclas-30-year-old-scotch-whisky?CAWELAID=872376003&catargetid=1808830322&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CP-6h6u5s7YCFUJMpgod_g0AYA

It's getting hard to find though as it is frequently out of stock, so I'm obviously not the only person to discover it.

Pisspot. ;)
Why such a long face?

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

For me Bushmills,the older the better.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

Not wanting to be picky SD,we are talking WhiskEy,which is the Irish spelling for the drink. :D

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Went here again last night - 4 drinks and 2 cigars $120

Worth every cent.........

http://jamesridenour.com/2012/baranows-cigar-and-whiskey-lounge/

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

Went here again last night - 4 drinks and 2 cigars $120

Worth every cent.........

http://jamesridenour.com/2012/baranows-cigar-and-whiskey-lounge/
thanks for the invite,I live about 2ks away.
Do you ever go to Crabtree up the road ,best coffee .
Any Chop chop for sale last night?

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

thanks for the invite,I live about 2ks away.
Do you ever go to Crabtree up the road ,best coffee .
Any Chop chop for sale last night?

Never heard of Crabtrees ?

Just fine cigars no chop chop...............all tastes the same though :rolleyes: but it really enhances it all when served by lovely young ladies.. :lovies: