Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
Much like the cost of a coke can and the coke inside it.

how much do we actually pay for the coke as apposed to the can?
Are we getting a good bargain with our 10c refund?
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Online Paulstar

how much do we actually pay for the coke as apposed to the can?
Are we getting a good bargain with our 10c refund?

No idea, went on a tour of the CCA factory many years ago and we were told the coke costs nothing to make, its all the can. Back then 600ml was $1.60 and a can was $1.10.

From Yahoo answers

The can and the plastic 6 pack holder and the flat case box make the cost of producing a can of Coke about 5 and a half cents.

The actual Coke that goes in it bumps the price to six cents.

By the time you add in shipping and handling, the cost rises to 19 cents

From answers.com

The cost of making Coke is very cheap in comparison to the retail price. The can and the plastic 6-pack wrapper and make the cost of producing a can of Coke about 6 cents. The Coke syrup and carbonation adds about 10 cents to the cost and shipping and handling costs increase the cost to 25c. So approximately 40 to 50 cents per can.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_does_coke_cost_to_make#ixzz1Ka6V4nNk

Offline dkabab

Probably why redbull is such a big company now. They charge twice as much for half the amount. 1000% profit!

Offline a.taylor

From a more engineering type perspective. I remember in a lecture about forging being told that if they could make the can walls just 0.01mm thinner they would be saving many millions of dollars annually.

Online Paulstar

Probably why redbull is such a big company now. They charge twice as much for half the amount. 1000% profit!

Dont get me started on powerade. Water + color + sodium = 5$

Offline Last_Ride

• Drives: a thing with 4 wheels
  • Name: call me habib
Well with the slurpee you don't pay any thing it's just the cup which cost u $3 and all these on the go coffee cafe i don't think it cost them $3 per cup
my car does 0-100 in 30 mins

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44014241@N03/

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Not today, a long time ago but worth passing on -

When I was at primary school, we used to go to the playground when school was closed and ride our bikes around.

One of the games was to head straight for a brick wall and at the last second hit the brakes and do a sideways slide just before impact.

It was my turn so I backed up but applied the brakes to stop, unfortunately my rear brake rubbers fell out as I backed up , I headed for the wall flat out applied the brakes at the last minute......and the rest is history.

Lesson, don't put the brakes on when you're backing up to head for a brick wall and slide into it...game.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I learned my neighbours are having "trouble" when a fantastic bouquet of flowers turned up on our door (by mistake) with a card reading "Lets try harder when I return"

Wife is ecstatic with the flowers, and as I've been a VERY good boy lately anyway, She now thinks I'm a legend!  :thumbsup:

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
I learned my neighbours are having "trouble" when a fantastic bouquet of flowers turned up on our door (by mistake) with a card reading "Lets try harder when I return"

Wife is ecstatic with the flowers, and as I've been a VERY good boy lately anyway, She now thinks I'm a legend!  :thumbsup:

I hope they weren't arguing about whether their dodgy neighbour was a thief!
C'mon, do it!

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I hope they weren't arguing about whether their dodgy neighbour was a thief!

there'd be no argument there!