Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Hellen Keller didn't die fifty years ago - she's alive and well and is a cricket umpire.

:doh:
http://sports.ndtv.com/the-ashes-2013/news/211725-the-ashes-usman-khawajas-controversial-decision-has-twitter-abuzz

Meanwhile, Twitter is abuzz condemning the controversial decision: Even KRudd had a say, lol

Umpires protecting each other is the main reason DRS is causing controversy! - Scott Styris

That is a ridiculous decision by both the on & off field umpires. DRS creating yet more controversy. Any wonder players don't walk! - Alec Stewart

And people say you should Walk .... No chance when you get decisions like that... - Michael Vaughan

Feel for a young player who is trying to make his way in the game.... Really poor decision.... - Michael Vaughan

#ICC please explain the farcical decision of Usman Khawaja, players careers on the line here! - Tom Moody

That is an unbelievable decision what a joke by both on & off field umpires, covering each others backsides! - Tom Moody

DRS was introduced to eradicate the human howlers...humans are out to prove that no technology can eliminate human errors. - Aakash Chopra

I've just sat down to watch the test. That was one of the worst cricket umpiring decisions I have ever seen. - Kevin Rudd

Dharmasena was the 3rd umpire.. And he will umpire the next test!! Should be sacked! - Dean Jones

Offline sartofatto

It must have been the right decision because Rudd said it was wrong.

Offline TEZZA

• Those Frenchies seek him everywhere

• Drives: No matter what it is I am still lusting after something better.
I've bought local generic PC's for years, I find they're best and a hell of a lot easier to get fixed than waiting on Dell or taking it back to Harvey Norman.

Yep I'm with you Dodgey.....
Had a guy here in the Sunny Place who has built me 8 different computers to build me a server to my spec.
Good quality stuff without going nuts.
Looking at replacing now as it is now 7 years old and never failed. Runs 24/7/365 x 7 = pretty darn good.
We ran out of HD space and just slotted a couple of big new HD's in and away it went.

:thumbsup:

Offline MRdino

• Ferrari Enthusiast, Photographer

• Name: N
Thought I’d share this story. It’s interesting that he wouldn’t be accepted. Any thoughts as to why?
http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-david-lee-ferrari-20170615-htmlstory.html

Offline dkabab

For every instagram famous Ferrari collector, there's another 10 un heard of mega rich collectors with 10x the collection who get first preference. When there's only 150 cars to go around, plenty are going to miss out.

Offline JPG

Probably doesn't help that he's one of the those that buys but doesn't drive. He'll bring them out to show them off because his local cars and coffee is conveniently in front of his watch business, but you can't imagine much spirited driving gets done in any of them. Waste of an F1 car from the corse cliente programme going to him, sitting in the garage forever.

Look at someone like gregb.23 on instagram, similar collection and been buying for less time. However not really any surprise he gets a LF A.

Lol - just finished the article and he didn't even get a normal laferrari and wants to jump up and down when he doesn't get an aperta? Take the hint

Offline MRdino

• Ferrari Enthusiast, Photographer

• Name: N
Probably doesn't help that he's one of the those that buys but doesn't drive. He'll bring them out to show them off because his local cars and coffee is conveniently in front of his watch business, but you can't imagine much spirited driving gets done in any of them. Waste of an F1 car from the corse cliente programme going to him, sitting in the garage forever.

Look at someone like gregb.23 on instagram, similar collection and been buying for less time. However not really any surprise he gets a LF A.

Lol - just finished the article and he didn't even get a normal laferrari and wants to jump up and down when he doesn't get an aperta? Take the hint

Ahahah. Obviously not to sure about what he actually does but on Jay Leno it was said he drives them fairly regularly and tracks occasionally. Guess he will be buying one second hand for double the price.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Thought I’d share this story. It’s interesting that he wouldn’t be accepted. Any thoughts as to why?
http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-david-lee-ferrari-20170615-htmlstory.html

Could be any number of reasons, or it could be like they say - he hasn't bought enough highly optioned new cars from them in the last few years. That's really all they care about ATM.

As for the relentless self promotion, Ferrari do a better job of prostituting the brand than any individual could ever manage. They are without question the most arrogant company in the world; but they can get away with it ATM.
The surest way to get on the banned list is to criticize them publicly, or even privately to the wrong company person. I'm sure I've been banned for the remainder of  this life and the next :p

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Ahahah. Obviously not to sure about what he actually does but on Jay Leno it was said he drives them fairly regularly and tracks occasionally. Guess he will be buying one second hand for double the price.

Anybody with half a brain can work out that it is actually cheaper to pay the premium on the secondary market than it is to jump through Ferraris hoops in order to qualify to buy one brand new.

Fortunately there are no really bad cars anymore and just about anything you buy from rival manufacturers will be mega. If you're blinded by the dancing donkey badge your only option is to pay the premium or bend over and say ahhhh at your local Ferrari dealer  :D