Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
So many of the comments blaming the driver of the car that hit him and hoping "he doesn't get away with it"

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

The guy who died was just as stupid, no winners here.

No excuse, a professional driver should know better than to walk onto a track like he did.

Offline Tiger

The guy who died was just as stupid, no winners here.

Agreed Kevin was stupid, but did not deserve that, Stewart put his foot down hitting Kevin you can hear the motor rev up, no clutches on a sprint car its direct drive. 
Roll on summer

Offline Tiger

No excuse, a professional driver should know better than to walk onto a track like he did.

You see guys doing this all the time in all types of racing, come on you don't drive into a guy under yellows!
Roll on summer

Offline Aircon

You see guys doing this all the time in all types of racing, come on you don't drive into a guy under yellows!

lol...so you're blaming Stewart? Seriously? A guy walks onto a poor lit race track with a dark suit and helmet with cars going around at high speed, even under yellows, and you blame the guy driving the car? How's that work?

Offline Tiger

lol...so you're blaming Stewart? Seriously? A guy walks onto a poor lit race track with a dark suit and helmet with cars going around at high speed, even under yellows, and you blame the guy driving the car? How's that work?

Not sure just how much speedway you have raced?  Stewart put his foot down as he hits the guy, lighting is fine I have raced loads of meeting under lights you will be surprised what you can see at night.
You often have marshals on the track under yellows; this is heat of the moment stuff. If Steward had not put his foot down the impact would have been a lot less. It is very sad. How many times have you seen a driver get out of his car and finger wag! Our V8 guys do it all the time but they don't hit them!
Roll on summer

Offline Aircon

Not sure just how much speedway you have raced?  Stewart put his foot down as he hits the guy, lighting is fine I have raced loads of meeting under lights you will be surprised what you can see at night.
You often have marshals on the track under yellows; this is heat of the moment stuff. If Steward had not put his foot down the impact would have been a lot less. It is very sad. How many times have you seen a driver get out of his car and finger wag! Our V8 guys do it all the time but they don't hit them!

I don't care how often drivers get out of their car and wave their finger. Does that make it acceptable, or even legal? It makes for good TV and that's about it. Walking out on a live racetrack is stupidity.....and it would be bad enough if he was standing at the edge of the track, but he kept walking further and further onto the racing line.

Of course, none of that makes it any less tragic, but it was so senseless and avoidable.

Offline theintelligent1

• Vodka is Just Unfinished Gin

• Drives: Miss Daisy
yes it is stupid walking on a race track but to say he wouldnt have seen him seems a big stretch (the blue car definitely sees him).........seems like he hits the accelerator to scare him a bit and it goes horribly wrong from there............