Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Watching Top Gear last night, Clarksons style and delivery are looking very dated now, a bit like the Simpsons, once used to be a must see now just seems old hat.
Everything sideways and full of wise cracks.... :?

Offline a.taylor

Now now dodger, are you saying that now because he has just been suspended pending investigation into the latest incident?
I think this season has been excellent with a good return to actual driving related content with enough of the silly stuff to keep the masses entertained.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Maybe it was an old episode but the silly stuff was just annoying

Offline TJB

I think this season's been pretty good, but a few of the challenges are going a bit away from the show's roots and what made it so famous… the ambulance challenge in Ep 3 was pretty boring, and the Peugeot drivers thing was a bit try-hard

On the other hand their car reviews have been great (Huracan, BMW M3, BMW i8, LaFerrari, etc). I liked seeing them in the Outback too

Online anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Bye Bye Jeremy. Maybe the producer told him he loooked dated.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/10/jeremy-clarkson-update-top-gear-pulled-off-air-after-clarkson-allegedly-punches-producer-5097519/                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/10/theres-already-a-petition-to-reinstate-jeremy-clarkson-in-the-wake-of-his-suspension-5097434/

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I used to love that show but I think the likes of Chris Harris took over, more car stuff less fluff........but Top Gear is aimed at the masses and does a good job of it...........hitting the producer ? Any publicity is good publicity  ;)

Offline jamesatfish

If you've ever seen Clarkson interview 70s & 80s rock legends you can see he loves that image of sex, drugs & early death. Watch the episode where he drives the Rolls into a pool, or where they run errands for Pete Townshend, or the interviews with Roger Daltrey or Slash - he just adores that 'fuck everyone' attitude of those guys.

It makes sense for his run as a celebrity to end the same way. Top Gear stopped being about the cars ages ago, and the 3 presenters are well set up for income now regardless of what happens from here, so the only question left is how to end the series. Short of one of the 3 actually dying this is probably a perfect conclusion.

Offline 916senna

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Remote controlled battery powered toy
I wonder if Top Gear Live will be back to 2 of the 3.

There idiots, but fun to watch none the less. Hope it gets sorted, would be a shame for this to be the end of the line, but i don't think it would work without Jezza.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
If you've ever seen Clarkson interview 70s & 80s rock legends you can see he loves that image of sex, drugs & early death. Watch the episode where he drives the Rolls into a pool, or where they run errands for Pete Townshend, or the interviews with Roger Daltrey or Slash - he just adores that 'make love to me everyone' attitude of those guys.

It makes sense for his run as a celebrity to end the same way. Top Gear stopped being about the cars ages ago, and the 3 presenters are well set up for income now regardless of what happens from here, so the only question left is how to end the series. Short of one of the 3 actually dying this is probably a perfect conclusion.

Until he ropes the other 2 in, gets them to break their contract and they go to a privately funded chanel, get more money, and bigger budgets for their show, and make a show we all really want which is supercars each week and lots of explosions and gratuitous excess and waste.

Offline theonlydjorkaeff

TG is my favourite show of all time.. Yes, it has gotten a bit annoying of late. But I still adore it. I love Clarkson.. hilarious