12305 views

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Offline blackr35


  • Joined: Jan 2012

  • Location: adl
I'll give it a go - 3 months lead up!



Offline AshSimmonds

  • Geekitecht

  • Joined: Feb 2006

  • Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Location: Adelayed
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I'll give it a go - 3 months lead up!

Ace. Saturday or Sunday?

We should do weekly steak challenges. :D







Offline AshSimmonds

  • Geekitecht

  • Joined: Feb 2006

  • Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Location: Adelayed
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
http://www.terrarossawineclub.com.au/BIGGEST%20STEAK.jpg

As someone who buys 3kg scotch fillets to cut up into my own portions, I don't see this as possible - especially with the potatoes.

Rump, yeah I could probably do it because it's lean, scotch is too fatty for mass consumption, I'd puke after about 1.2kg.




Offline blackr35


  • Joined: Jan 2012

  • Location: adl
Who said anything about eating the potatoes? 8-)



Offline RS


  • Joined: Feb 2008

  • Drives: AMG
  • Location: Sydney
I'm going to be at oktoberfest challenging some large steins of beer and hopefully the beer wenches  :p

Am keen on the Feb Melbourne one though 10 months should be enough to shed the excess kg's and get fit
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice



Offline AshSimmonds

  • Geekitecht

  • Joined: Feb 2006

  • Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Location: Adelayed
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I'm going to be at oktoberfest...

You realise it's in September yeah? :p

Quote
Am keen on the Feb Melbourne one though 10 months should be enough to shed the excess kg's and get fit

I actually quite liked the workout regime listed on their site, it's mostly sane bodyweight exercise so no wanky gym shit required (even though I have gym/pool/spa/etc included at my apartment), but mostly I'm just looking for any additional inspiration to develop the Spartan Warrior physique - and nothing helps me more than a looming deadline.








Offline RS


  • Joined: Feb 2008

  • Drives: AMG
  • Location: Sydney
You realise it's in September yeah? :p

I actually quite liked the workout regime listed on their site, it's mostly sane bodyweight exercise so no wanky gym shit required (even though I have gym/pool/spa/etc included at my apartment), but mostly I'm just looking for any additional inspiration to develop the Spartan Warrior physique - and nothing helps me more than a looming deadline.

I have an out door gym across the river from my place so able to use body weight on all the stuff there (chin ups ect)

using boxing to shed the fat off

so going to use now until i get home from Europe in Oct as fatloss cardio / strength and then start working on long distance running for the last few months.

A chick at work is going in the melbourne one so will enter with her and anyone else we can find to join
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice



Offline AshSimmonds

  • Geekitecht

  • Joined: Feb 2006

  • Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Location: Adelayed
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
using boxing to shed the fat off

Don't want to go all diet/exercise religious here, but exercise won't shed your fat anywhere near as much as diet - we're talking maybe 5-10% influence - the other 90% is diet and genetics.

Take this quote to heart: "Choose food wisely to look good in clothes, choose exercise wisely to look good naked." ~ Ash Simmonds - 2012


Quote
...fatloss cardio / strength and then start working on long distance running for the last few months.

As above, use cardio ONLY to benefit from greater fitness and if you enjoy it, you won't lose weight doing cardio alone. Also, there are emerging theories that excess cardio is actually very bad for you - apart from the strain on your ligaments etc.





Offline RS


  • Joined: Feb 2008

  • Drives: AMG
  • Location: Sydney
Don't want to go all diet/exercise religious here, but exercise won't shed your fat anywhere near as much as diet - we're talking maybe 5-10% influence - the other 90% is diet and genetics.

Take this quote to heart: "Choose food wisely to look good in clothes, choose exercise wisely to look good naked." ~ Ash Simmonds - 2012


As above, use cardio ONLY to benefit from greater fitness and if you enjoy it, you won't lose weight doing cardio alone. Also, there are emerging theories that excess cardio is actually very bad for you - apart from the strain on your ligaments etc.

The diet has been the biggest change for me (some due to medical stuff)

Also include weight training to muscle failure during the week
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice



Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
42 Replies
46756 Views
Last post Fri, 04 Dec, 2009 - 12:05
by Laminator


Latest Discussions