Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Womens & Children's Hospital is now following me on Twitter - "We help Mums have healthy babies and sick children get better" - now I'm wondering what they thought when were going through tweets where I mentioned stuff about kids in microwaves and how condoms are a choking hazard...

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I had a customer arrive today in a dodgy looking pimp like Pontiac transam

he had two kids in the car with him... hidden under blankets, barely moving and only grunting once in a while  :eek:

I didn't ask for ages, but then curiosity got me, and I did...

they were playing nintendo, and the blankets keep the sun off the screen  :doh:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Latest Ash on my twitlist is a local stripper. :D

She's live tweeting between performances at the moment, here's an excerpt from the latest tweet:

who cares what anyone thinks... Right?

http://twitter.com/ashleeadams/status/10269169115

:D

Offline hydie

I have not long created a Twitter account for my business. (Along with a LinkedIn).

And so far from what I have had a look around, I am not a fan. Although, I haven't added any 'Followers' yet due to the site not being live yet. I may however just be so used to how Facebook works.

I have seen Twitter work well with similar businesses, so will see how we go!

LinkedIn is a bit different, I can see it helping me in some ways (ie: always good to know WHO to approach before you even make initial contact).

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

For anyone doing the business thing on Twitter, the best examples I've seen so far (locally) are Highway Hotel and the brand new Crowne Plaza Adelaide (first prize-winning guests are in there tonight!).

The Highway specifically has a super-friendly demeaner about it, and I've not only seen loads of business go their way because of their engagement, but have also been there a couple times myself when I would have done something else because of the way they get along with social media.

And that's the thing - remember "social media" is about actually being social!  So many people think you can just get on there and start spouting your wares or bitching to loads of people like the Facebook crowd, Twitter isn't a psuedo-friend-network in that way - although some people still use it as such - I've found it really useful to know what's going on and meeting new interesting folks.

Offline hydie

For anyone doing the business thing on Twitter, the best examples I've seen so far (locally) are Highway Hotel and the brand new Crowne Plaza Adelaide (first prize-winning guests are in there tonight!).

The Highway specifically has a super-friendly demeaner about it, and I've not only seen loads of business go their way because of their engagement, but have also been there a couple times myself when I would have done something else because of the way they get along with social media.

And that's the thing - remember "social media" is about actually being social!  So many people think you can just get on there and start spouting your wares or bitching to loads of people like the Facebook crowd, Twitter isn't a psuedo-friend-network in that way - although some people still use it as such - I've found it really useful to know what's going on and meeting new interesting folks.

Have just checked out The Highway (both Twitter and FB), and I must say you are right, they are doing it really good.

When my site is closer to going live, I will chirp back in for some opinions.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Have just checked out The Highway (both Twitter and FB), and I must say you are right, they are doing it really good.

When my site is closer to going live, I will chirp back in for some opinions.

Yeah, do.  I've connected with some people who actually do this social media stuff for a job now, it's pretty fascinating - I'm thinking over the next couple years a social media guru in-house will razor an advertising budget.

Offline hydie

Have just had another quick look at the 'competitors' and seems that most haven't tweeted for months! But there is then the 'main' competitor who does at least 2 a day!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Latest Discussions