Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
Sounds good.

Perhaps they could get the Internet to show the buyers the houses and they could also get the Internet to hold the public auction.
May the Horse be with you....

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

My uninformed guess is that very few agents make big bucks. Plus industry turnover would be huge.

I think they mainly do quite nicely, the commission rate hasn't changed over the years but house pieces have skyrocketed.

There's no expertise involved, they don't have the carry stock, they just have to be polite and grin a lot, the fees are now huge.

Yes, I was one of them but commercial.....that's different. ;)

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Sounds good.

Perhaps they could get the Internet to show the buyers the houses and they could also get the Internet to hold the public auction.

Think that could be arranged for $50 an hour.

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
Sounds good.

I know of one mob that has this fairly advanced in the works. Not straight real estate but could probably be used as such.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I know of one mob that has this fairly advanced in the works. Not straight real estate but could probably be used as such.

I think the Chemist Warehouse model will spread to other markets, the domain realestatewarehouse.com.au is taken along with a lot of other "warehouse" names.

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
Agents in the US charge 5 - 6% and this site charges 1%.

This model is flawed considering that agents charge 1 - 2% in Melbourne.
May the Horse be with you....

Offline adam01

Agents in the US charge 5 - 6% and this site charges 1%.

This model is flawed considering that agents charge 1 - 2% in Melbourne.

Not sure but aren't the US agents pick p the costs for ads, marketing and prop hire?

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I wouldn't have bitched about the fees ...except -

1/ I didn't want to advertise in the local mag Weekly Review (I think) because I don't believe anyone reads it.

"Oh no yes they do" you MUST advertise there -

So $3k later the ad comes out and the first open after that no one turned up.....no one.

2/ I paid for forthcoming auction flyers to be distributed locally, no one I know got one , I complained and guess what they didn't go out, same happened with friends of mine who used the same agent, sure got a refund but that's not the point.

3/ First open my sister turned up , didn't identify herself, the guy they had at the open told her the house wouldn't reach a figure that was $200k below their high estimate...I went to town, they said it was a mistake, the only mistake was I should have cancelled the agency there and then but didn't .

So you can see paying someone $33k plus $15k for ads for shithouse service like that doesn't sit well at all.

The home eventually reached my minimum expectation, the figure the agent said it wouldn't reach.

Offline schmik325

Same with most industries. The top 5% make all the money while the rest are plodders.

There is a company up here in QLD called Go Gecko and they have capped commissions at no higher than $5995.

After seeing their service and the way they conduct sales there is no way I would use them.

The local Ray White agents around where I am always seems to achieve higher sales results than most other agents.

No idea why but if I were to sell i'd be using someone like them too, even though its substantially more $$