Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Has there ever been a female F1 driver before????

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9090216.004/us-team-eyes-danica-patrick-for-f1-seat

Ken Anderson, one of the principals behind the prospective F1 team USF1, has confirmed interest in signing Danica Patrick.

Patrick, the 26-year-old female star of America's open wheeler series Indycar, is "great", Anderson said in an interview with the Associated Press.

"She gets a lot of press," he added. "(Indianapolis Motor Speedway president) Tony George would probably be pretty mad with me if I took her out of the IRL but we'll see.

"I don't know if it's something she wants to do. We'd certainly love to test her and go from there."

The American news agency also revealed more details about USF1's 2010 plans, to be officially launched next week.

The annual budget, for example, will be around 50m euros, there will be at least 100 staff, and American names Scott Speed, Conor Daly and Josef Newgarden were mentioned as other candidates for a seat.

Anderson also confirmed reports that USF1 is considering setting up a European base at the Spanish headquarters of the Le Mans team Epilson Euskadi.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Has there ever been a female F1 driver before????

Yes but I cant remember her name. She never raced in the Adelaide years.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
This is a list of female Formula One drivers, women who have entered a Formula One Championship Grand Prix since the inception of F1 in 1950.

Five women racing drivers have entered at least one Grand Prix, although only two of them ever qualified and started a race. The woman who competed in the most Grands Prix is Lella Lombardi, with 17 entries and 12 starts.

Name    Seasons    Entries    Starts    Points
Maria Teresa de Filippis    1958 - 1959    5    3    0
Lella Lombardi    1974 - 1976    17    12    0.5
Divina Galica    1976 - 1978    3    0    -
Desiré Wilson    1979    1    0    -
Giovanna Amati    1992    3    0    -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_female_Formula_One_drivers

Offline frog_a_lot

• Name: Cam
What i don't understand.. is sure she is a decent driver but she isnt the best out there or at the top of the field.. so why her? or is it just a publicity stunt.

I guess on one end it make sense, because they would open the audience a bit wider and get more female attention, but i just dont think she is a good enough driver, and if she was a guy i dont reckon she would have a chance in hell of driving F1.

*Trying not to sound too sexist