Offline JanG

• Will eat your baby
  • Photographer

• Drives: BMW M2/STI track car
  • www: JanGlovac.com
Thanks guys!

Last day of work today before 41 days off, I'll miss it sooooo much.  :faint:

good luck mate, sounds like a great trip. makes alice look like a day trip.  :doh:

Heh yeah, although our 1500km in 10hour trek was a good warmup for something like this - least I know what to expect! Red Bull bill should be high!

good luck Dingo

Hope you meet up with some nice locals like that dopey pom in the movie "Love actually"

Budget for some rear tyres in the rental car... you'll fry them by day 3.

And you GOTTA detour to do a track day somewhere.

We'll fry them but sure as hell not buying the rental company new ones, will try and skip the skids till the latter part of the trip.

Trackday would be great fun but not worth the risk I think, if something went wrong it'd ruin the entire holiday (no insurance).

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

Offline JanG

• Will eat your baby
  • Photographer

Currently in Key West, Florida....driving to Orlando tomorrow which is about 600km.

Had a ball so far here and in NY/Miami, so many nice cars over here - Perth is a 3rd world city in comparison. Already spotted an Enzo, SLR, Veyron and a ton of Lambos. South Beach is the US version of Monaco...amazing, Aston Martins and Bentleys are like Commodores there.

Loving our '08 Corvette so far aswell, a very well sorted car with endless grunt from that big V8....smoking tyres is a little too easy haha. My only complaint would be the layout of the paddles on the wheel - up is at the 2 paddles at the top on both sides and downshift on the bottom. Having up on the right and down on the left (and one paddle for each rather than 2) would make more sense to me.

Thousands of photos to go through already. :(

Offline Laminator

Thousands of photos to go through already. :(

I feel your pain, just wait until you have to photoshop them one by one.  :eek: :tilt:

Offline JanG

• Will eat your baby
  • Photographer

I do edit my photos one by one in PS and have done for years, so I know whats ahead.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
...My only complaint would be the layout of the paddles on the wheel - up is at the 2 paddles at the top on both sides and downshift on the bottom. Having up on the right and down on the left (and one paddle for each rather than 2) would make more sense to me.

Bizzaro :boggled:  I guess it's for the American market so you can change gears and drink your big gulp of kool-aid simultaneously...

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
C'mon Dingo!!!  I've seen you log on a bunch of times in the last few days, post something FFS!!!!!!

edit:  I'll never be with another man with as much static electricity as you.  I hope that helps. :)

Offline JanG

• Will eat your baby
  • Photographer

Haha that means alot, that was special static!

In Aspen, Colorado at the moment...have covered just over 6500km so far: NY - Miami - Key West - Orlando - New Orleans - Houston - San Antonio - Dallas - Oklahoma City - Denver - Aspen....plenty still to go.

Drove up Pikes Peak (the famous "Climb Dance" video is from there) - magical, the views, the roads, the snow!! Earlier in the week we did ~12hrs on the old Route 66 which again is something I'll remember forever, so many ghost towns and funny old places to see.

Heres some teaser pics of where we've been

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

now thats a teaser pic!

Your story telling combined with pics like that will make GREAT reading...

Do a book/DVD or something?

I'd buy it.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Love the pics -  what a trip!   :thumbsup: