Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

• Drives: Honda NSX
Sorry to hear Neville was a top bloke. Funny i was only thinking of him the other day.

I stayed at a mates place last night at Mylor and while having breakfast this morning we chattered about how many bikes have stacked near his place mainly on Sundays. Sends a chiver up and down my spine.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I rode a bike for a while, as a mid 20's guy...

but one day I ran wide on a bend and thought "what if"...

haven't ridden on the road since.

Do we know what happened here?

Any news story?

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
Absolutely gutting news. I was so glad when he pop up the other week with help with the new NT thread, had been a while since he'd popped up. Give my condolences to his family if someone gets there.

I remember his Veyron video and seeing Nev peel himself out of it, bare foot with a grin from ear to ear.

RIP

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I think that the road in question was part of the first stage of day one of Classic Adelaide.  It has a lot of elevation changes as well as being narrow and winding.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
I was thinking the same thing about slow drivers but when I google mapped the road I knew the stretch it happened on. I would have driven it well over 100 times no problem at all. Its a stretch of road that anyone towing would go slow on. Its a great stretch to ride or drive but not for average drivers and you have to be weary on there.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

and more than likely made a bad decision on that day.

A bit early to assume that, but what I do know is that if things go bad on a bile for any reason you are unlikely to get a second chance, it's bad enough on the roads in a car......in Vic anyway.

Offline Cheryl King

This is the first time to the site....and am doing this for Neville. 
I can't sleep...... you can't imagine what I am going through right now.  Mark, we passed you the other Sunday driving in the hills, I wished we would have stopped to talk to you, but that red car just wizzed by.
Boys will be boys, but this is ridiculous!  Neville enjoyed his bikes and cars, but never took wild risks.  There is more to this than meets the eye!!!
He never ever thought it would ever happen to him.  To all the forum members - just consider what has happened and think about that it might not be your error that could take you life away.
Many thanks for your messages of sympathy and respect for a great guy who will be sadly missed.  I have a tough time ahead in the coming days and weeks and beyond.  I will always remember and treasure the gatherings in Alice.
From a shattered wife.

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
This is the first time to the site....and am doing this for Neville. 
I can't sleep...... you can't imagine what I am going through right now.  Mark, we passed you the other Sunday driving in the hills, I wished we would have stopped to talk to you, but that red car just wizzed by.
Boys will be boys, but this is ridiculous!  Neville enjoyed his bikes and cars, but never took wild risks.  There is more to this than meets the eye!!!
He never ever thought it would ever happen to him.  To all the forum members - just consider what has happened and think about that it might not be your error that could take you life away.
Many thanks for your messages of sympathy and respect for a great guy who will be sadly missed.  I have a tough time ahead in the coming days and weeks and beyond.  I will always remember and treasure the gatherings in Alice.
From a shattered wife.
Hi Cheryl,

Not sure if you remember me as I was one of the young guys on the first run. Thanks for having the strength to come on here. Wish it had been on better circumstances that you came to the site.

You and the rest of your family are in my thoughts as well as I'm sure all the boys that met you and Neville over the years.

Cameron

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Cheryl, words seem inadequate at a time like this. All who knew Neville personally (and those who knew him through the forum) are deeply saddened to hear of his death and your loss. I feel fortunate to have known Neville, as do all the Alice crew, but now we know it was too brief.

Those few days in the Territory were such an intense experience for those of us who made the trips that they can't ever be forgotten, and the hospitality you and Neville showed us makes the memories shine all the brighter.

Best wishes

Mark