Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

I agree Rob.  I'm still getting used to the sad news but I reckon a trip dedicated to Steve makes sense.
    lets start planning the drive /weekend.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
RIP steve....you are a good man.

bg
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline RMV

• A Country Member

I agree Rob.  I'm still getting used to the sad news but I reckon a trip dedicated to Steve makes sense.

Absolutely.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Right now, I'm reflecting on my memories of Steve (as I'm sure all who knew him are) and found this thread where I first "met" Steve.  Steve was an enthusiast - always up for it.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/regional-forums-events-group-meetings-m5-m6-alpina-owners/57687-wanted-adventurous-aussie-m5-owners.html

Steve's handle was Beamaphile in those days. :)

Offline RMV

• A Country Member

Right now, I'm reflecting on my memories of Steve (as I'm sure all who knew him are) and found this thread where I first "met" Steve.  Steve was an enthusiast - always up for it.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/regional-forums-events-group-meetings-m5-m6-alpina-owners/57687-wanted-adventurous-aussie-m5-owners.html

I've been thinking most about the day I spent with Steve and Helen in Hobart when I took delivery of the Evo.  He showed me his cellar (which contained some fantastic local and French wine), we enjoyed a lovely lunch, and then we went to the local park to watch his son play soccer.  Oh, and he gave me a taste of what an E60 M5 can do in a straight line when all 500+ bhp are deployed.  :) 

Like I've already said, the Tassie trip just won't be the same without him :( 

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Yes, Steve was very knowledgeable about wine.  And he was a surprise in lots of ways. Despite his knockabout demeanour he was clearly very highly regarded in both fishing and football circles, holding high office in both.  He was widely travelled and didn't need much encouragement to say he said he'd be a starter for a European motoring adventure (Stelvio pass, French chateaux, etc) one day.  It just goes to show we need to seize every moment.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
I've been thinking most about the day I spent with Steve and Helen in Hobart when I took delivery of the Evo.  He showed me his cellar (which contained some fantastic local and French wine), we enjoyed a lovely lunch, and then we went to the local park to watch his son play soccer.  Oh, and he gave me a taste of what an E60 M5 can do in a straight line when all 500+ bhp are deployed.  :) 

Like I've already said, the Tassie trip just won't be the same without him :( 

Targa Tas wont be the same without him
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline RMV

• A Country Member

He had a cheeky sense of humour... I remember him proudly showing me his 'LUV-269' numberplates he had hanging on the wall in his study (which inspired his fchat avatar). :D

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Steve was a top bloke, been thinking about him and all his antics in Tas, the NT, and when slumming it here in SA. Everything he was involved with was much better for his presence, always the enthusiasm of a kid at Christmas and the cheeky humour of a lifelong devious joker.

I recall one conversation about his wine cellar and latest acquisitions when we were in the NT, and mhh offhand remarked there comes a time when you do the math and realise you might not get through it all - steve just said he'd damn well try! (and then told a nudge nudge wink wink type joke involving nuns and bicycles)

RIP mate, damn.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I recall Steve bring his radar detector to the NT in 2007 to provide protection to our small contingent - a necessity due to some crazy new NT law that stopped loonies driving as fast as they liked.  He was happy to run up front with his detector riding high and proud on his dashboard atop a bright, white towel to draw even more attention to the device.  Steve was a lucky guy so he had no problems of course.  :)