Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I recall Steve bring his radar detector to the NT in 2007 to provide protection to our small contingent - a necessity due to some crazy new NT law that stopped loonies driving as fast as they liked.  He was happy to run up front with his detector riding high and proud on his dashboard atop a bright, white towel to draw even more attention to the device.  Steve was a lucky guy so he had no problems of course.  :)

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
I recall Steve bring his radar detector to the NT in 2007 to provide protection to our small contingent - a necessity due to some crazy new NT law that stopped loonies driving as fast as they liked.  He was happy to run up front with his detector riding high and proud on his dashboard atop a bright, white towel to draw even more attention to the device.  Steve was a lucky guy so he had no problems of course.  :)

Sounds like an amazing guy. I'm probably in the larger contingent that only knew him online, however he was always balanced, funny and able to add to the conversation rather than drag it down. A memorial run sounds like a great tribute, lets do it.
C'mon, do it!

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
RIP Steve

I only met him the once, on a private track day with the 360 N-GT at Winton, where he'd come over for a ride as passenger.

Top guy in the flesh, laugh a minute type.

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
Sounds like an amazing guy. I'm probably in the larger contingent that only knew him online, however he was always balanced, funny and able to add to the conversation rather than drag it down. A memorial run sounds like a great tribute, lets do it.

As with Allan never had the chance to meet Steve in the flesh, but have enjoyed his numerous posts over the last few years.

RIP STEVE
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline waz356

Steve really knew how to look after us on the Tassie runs and was especially helpful when Goober did Targa earlier this year. He was always checking up to make sure everything and everyone was OK. A fine dinner companion who told some great stories. He was also proud to have the 'save ferris' on the back of the M5. RIP mate.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Didn't know Steve, only from his musings on the forums. But it sounds like i am the poorer for it.   :(

RIP

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

The first time I met Steve was during Tassie 07. I was driving the BMW 550i then.. I remember being so tired after a hard day of driving that I asked Waz to drive my car whilst I jumped into Steve's M5. We spent a good deal of time chatting about everything, whilst he was driving furiously through the Tassie roads.. He was quite obliging and caring. During each Tassie tours, for the last 3 years, on the last day when we were due to board the ferry back to Melbourne, he would give me a call to check that we are all ok.. Let's not forget as well how he always organized fresh tuna sashimi, which he caught himself, to be served at our dinner in Hobart.. what a guy..

You'll be sadly missed, my dear friend.. but will always be rememberd..

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

I am in the same place as Allanuber.......never met Steve but knew him on line. I am surprised at the degree of shock and sadness I feel at his passing....I am very sorry for his family, his friends and this community.........RIP Steve.

And if the timing is right....I am in for the memorial drive.
Always Gunna

Offline fivesix

terrible shame, from all accounts, he must have been a great man... Rest in peace...

Offline tdc911

I also never had the pleasure of meeting Steve in person but from his contributions he came across as a top bloke. RIP.