Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

• Drives: Honda NSX
Does anyone have any experience with a planning consultant as our planned Garage Mahal has been opposed by all of our three neighbours. I have ten days to respond to the council before a hearing with the Council's Development Assessment Panel. More importantly someone who has dealings with the Norwood, Payneham and St Peters Council.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Does anyone have any experience with a planning consultant as our planned Garage Mahal has been opposed by all of our three neighbours. I have ten days to respond to the council before a hearing with the Council's Development Assessment Panel. More importantly someone who has dealings with the Norwood, Payneham and St Peters Council.

Any chance of going underground with it?

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

NSX, do you know the nature of the representations?

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

Well firstly its a 2 story shed at the end with 5.4mtr walls. 6mtr wide by 18mtrs long last 6mtr has 5.4mtr walls which is on the boundary. Everything from being accused of running a commercial mechanical repair business at home in my driveway for the past 10 yrs - as if i dont even service my own cars to shadowing and moving my kids out to the shed.

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

Any chance of going underground with it?

Haha i was planning a 6 x 6mtr cellar to make it a 3 storey shed

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Well firstly its a 2 story shed at the end with 5.4mtr walls. 6mtr wide by 18mtrs long last 6mtr has 5.4mtr walls which is on the boundary. Everything from being accused of running a commercial mechanical repair business at home in my driveway for the past 10 yrs - as if i dont even service my own cars to shadowing and moving my kids out to the shed.

going from my own experience if you are within the building code for that particular council the neighbours can complain all they want, going up against a development board is just a pain which unfortunately is part of the process.  Your architect/designer should be able to give you the necessary advice and may even attend the panel on your behalf.  They've done it for me on a few occasions.   Building on a boundary usually causes some grief, does your upper story have a set back?

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

You could try lawyer Jamie Botten. There's not much he doesn't know about planning.

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

going from my own experience if you are within the building code for that particular council the neighbours can complain all they want, going up against a development board is just a pain which unfortunately is part of the process.  Your architect/designer should be able to give you the necessary advice and may even attend the panel on your behalf.  They've done it for me on a few occasions.   Building on a boundary usually causes some grief, does your upper story have a set back?

In a nutshell the City Principle of Wide Development Control 193, 202 & 203 states:

External walls not exceed 3 meters - our proposed 2.7 to 5.4 meters
Not exceed 54 square meters - our proposed 108 sm.

so pushing $#%@ up hill but our neighbour just built a 5.7mtr high second house 20mtrs long one meter from our boundry.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

In a nutshell the City Principle of Wide Development Control 193, 202 & 203 states:

External walls not exceed 3 meters - our proposed 2.7 to 5.4 meters
Not exceed 54 square meters - our proposed 108 sm.

so pushing $#%@ up hill but our neighbour just built a 5.7mtr high second house 20mtrs long one meter from our boundry.

so, not exactly complaint  -  try MHH's plan

building on the boundary is a big problem (did the architect advise to set back ( I think by 900) any walls above 3m) -  probably why your neighbour managed to get the 2nd house as he is not on the boundary ( was he one that complained ?)

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

You could try lawyer Jamie Botten. There's not much he doesn't know about planning.

Thanks Mark i'll call him tomorrow.

BTW he wont charge more than the whole project i hope :scared: