Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

• Drives: Honda NSX
so, not exactly complaint  -  try MHH's plan

building on the boundary is a big problem (did the architect advise to set back ( I think by 900) any walls above 3m) -  probably why your neighbour managed to get the 2nd house as he is not on the boundary ( was he one that complained ?)

If i do a 900mm set back then the shed will have to be narrower  by 900mm then its too tight to park 2 cars side by side.

Yep he complained i should have got our verbal agreement in writing we didnt oppose his development on the basis they wouldn't oppose ours  :doh:

However even if they didn't oppose i still have to deal with the other neighbours

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
I just went through this with the Unley council.
I found that if you meet the codes they just pass it.
If you don't meet the codes and have taken allthe complaints into consideration and have reasonable reasons for not meeting them they also get passed.
Do your homework and workand work in point form as it is quicker.
The people complaining against me were given 5 minutes to explain their problems, they fluffed it away instead of getting to the point and missed half of their complaints.

BUT
I was not trying to build anything too out there.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

If i do a 900mm set back then the shed will have to be narrower  by 900mm then its too tight to park 2 cars side by side.

Yep he complained i should have got our verbal agreement in writing we didnt oppose his development on the basis they wouldn't oppose ours  :doh:

However even if they didn't oppose i still have to deal with the other neighbours

no -  the lower walls can be built to the code height of 3m, then anything above that might have to be set back by 900 -  check the details with your architect/designer.  If you are within code then the neighbours can bitch as much as they want but you should still be able to get your way

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

Heres the plans of the early proposed the shed its actually only 1mtr from our house and 1mtr from the rear fence.
The rear of the shed (second storey end) has a set back of 1mtr but the sides dont.

I'll post them later sorry

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

Google map of my place mine is the one with the large trees in the back yard.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=37+Thomas+Avenue,+St+Morris,+South+Australia&hl=en&ll=-34.910296,138.65369&spn=0.000585,0.001321&sll=-25.335448,135.745076&sspn=41.528194,86.572266&vpsrc=6&hnear=37+Thomas+Ave,+St+Morris+South+Australia+5068&t=h&z=20

Notice the southern neighbours second residence its longer and higher than my proposed just that his has a 900mm set back and was approved as a residence not a shed.

Offline M500

Best of luck with Norwood, Payneham & St Peters -they can be quite a pain in the ass!

As suggested earlier, consider redesigning the second story to include a side and rear setback which is compliant with the planning requirements (from memory it may well be more than 900mm - but check)

Also I believe that an 18m long wall on the boundary would not comply either, can you move the whole structure 1m over?

Make sure any windows on the 2nd level don't create any issues regarding overview into the neighbors yards?

As aside note, I hope you are going to include the cellar in the application and building drawings, as this will certainly cause you issues if they find out you are building it without consent and also at building stage with regards to properly retuning the soil especially that close to surrounding buildings.

Best of luck!

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

Thanks Mark i'll call him tomorrow.

BTW he wont charge more than the whole project i hope :scared:

Jamie Botten is on leave until the end of the month Iíve been referred to another Lawyer in their firm to receive advise on the direction and possibility that this project is feasible or not.

8 days and counting

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

Best of luck with Norwood, Payneham & St Peters -they can be quite a pain in the ass!

As suggested earlier, consider redesigning the second story to include a side and rear setback which is compliant with the planning requirements (from memory it may well be more than 900mm - but check)

Also I believe that an 18m long wall on the boundary would not comply either, can you move the whole structure 1m over?

Make sure any windows on the 2nd level don't create any issues regarding overview into the neighbors yards?

As aside note, I hope you are going to include the cellar in the application and building drawings, as this will certainly cause you issues if they find out you are building it without consent and also at building stage with regards to properly retuning the soil especially that close to surrounding buildings.

Best of luck!

Funny both the council or neighbours aren't concerned with the 18m wall at this stage it seems the second storey, its location and hieght is of concern to everyone.

My only thoughts are to reolcate the second storey either to the front of the shed or in the middle but not only will this disrupt the functionality but will also look %$#@ing ugly.

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

Had a very interesting hour with a planning legal eagle this afternoon. Lots of options and appeals at hand but cant say much atm as this is an open forum.

Will inform outcomes as they occur.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty