Offline Paulstar

1. The current site doesn't have a navigation that scales to accept other products, a new heirarchy is suggested
2. The site talks about the products, but not benefits to customers
3. There's no calls to action - every product page should link to a 'cart' or quote form
4. Not enough 'human touch on the site' - testimonials, pictures of people operating products, more videos needed
5. Market's not clear - is it for retail, consumer, resellers, wholesale? Retail/Consumers assumed for the mockup (as per your note above)
6. Need to make a call on showing price - no prices at all on sites tend to drive customers away
7. Too much image, too little product - in many cases the graphics are taking up most of the screen to the fold - need to use these smarter to highlight product and product usage by humans

Good list, smart guys at your work.  :thumbsup:

Slightly off topic but sort of on topic - http://www.made.com/

I've liked the website these guys built from the start but it got better recently, The homepage has a hidden element that turns visible when you click on why made / well made / you decide / best sellers from the home page. It display all the information for the visitors mind to say 'okay I've landed on a page/site that is relevant to me and what i need let me navigate further into it' without being ling and cluttered. Maybe an idea for your new sites honme page  :scratchchin:

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Ohh, prepare for a web rant... (all IMHO   :)   )

Made is a nice 'bloggy' site, but it's far more about generating investment based on a great concept - than a great online store experience. In real terms, it's lipstick on a pig and the current architecture won't handle a 'real' amount of products over time.

Fine if you want to just browse around - but try doing something 'useful' there - like searching for a product that you walked past and liked the look of - or working out 'co-ordinated' pieces for your place... or just searching at all.

It's a great example of marketing, but actually a reasonably poor example of any kind of eCommerce implementation beyond it being generally pretty and hopefully attracting the spontaneous customer - focussed on click about and hopefully buy something.

Where these guys are exposed is if someone with a relatively solid store, and physical presence pinches the simple concept to design by vote and offshore for manufacture. Tie this into a big, hip furniture brand - stick it in a store where you'll have a longer term relationship as they sell lots of normal as well as cool stuff and ... Made would be in trouble.
C'mon, do it!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Slightly off topic but sort of on topic - http://www.made.com/

I've liked the website these guys built from the start but it got better recently, The homepage has a hidden element that turns visible when you click on why made / well made / you decide / best sellers from the home page. It display all the information for the visitors mind to say 'okay I've landed on a page/site that is relevant to me and what i need let me navigate further into it' without being ling and cluttered. Maybe an idea for your new sites honme page  :scratchchin:

I did a site actually extremely similar to that (big slider of info, general details underneath, tabbed "further" info at bottom) for the mob I work for a couple weeks ago (based on a WP theme) as we got bought out and only needed a few main points of info shown (we don't sell shit), it worked well, looked great - but in the end the brass just wanted a new version of what they already had, so ended up whipping up a new basic theme on a Friday arvo that they loved. :doh: :D

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Offline Joel

I obviously just want to increase traffic flow and have something that works for the buyer.. I have the faintest idea of how to build a website. Hence throwing this out to the people who have made a good living from doing it..

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
First cut of the consumer mockup - a bit more can be done to better attract/cater to tradies and resellers. Go nuts with constructive criticism peoples (note we've stayed reasonably true to the client's current designs/communications for this one rather than re-inventing the wheel)...
C'mon, do it!

Offline fivesix

First cut of the consumer mockup - a bit more can be done to better attract/cater to tradies and resellers. Go nuts with constructive criticism peoples (note we've stayed reasonably true to the client's current designs/communications for this one rather than re-inventing the wheel)...

god your a good bloke...  :thumbsup:

Offline Joel

I think it looks great..
I love that it is so product orientated but still keeps with our original site.

cheers allan..

Offline cel

Offline CortinaD

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Porsche ] 991.2 GT3 Confirmed NBTBRV8 Today at 09:38
[ Events ] CARS AND COFFEE SYDNEY scud Today at 07:38
[ Porsche ] The Porsche Chat random BS thread 360c Yesterday at 22:39
[ Off Topic ] Real Estate B2 Yesterday at 22:19
[ Funny Cool Stoopid ] it's funny cause i'm drunk!! mondi Yesterday at 21:02
[ Cars ] Spotted thread scud Yesterday at 20:31
[ Number Plates ] SA plate auction may 1-8 JPG Yesterday at 15:32