Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
bought back my 3.0CSL, my E30 M3.

Still have first option on my old E46 M3 CSL but he's unlikely to sell it!

Do you drive them Alvin?

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
your right my apologies continue with your old wife winging .......

neither of you miss your 1M
nah that 1M was a handful - unstable at high speed! Though I do miss my ricer mods on it!

Working on my 991 Turbo mods now! :-P
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline Horse

• Hung like Einstein

There are 2 distinct variations to this question that come up :

1) Which car do you wish you still owned?
2) Which car do you miss?

I miss a number of them for varying reasons. Some were incredible to drive, some were the pinnacle of automotive engineering at the time, some were art to behold...... etc
When you ask what car do I wish I still owned, that's different. I don't think I have ever been forced to sell a car. I sold each for a reason that was correct at the time. I might miss them occasionally; but if I wanted to still own them I would have them in the garage. So then it becomes a question of missed economic opportunities for me. I love the deal, it is the nature of the beast for better or worse.

I was tested a few years back when my late fathers Testarossa reappeared after 20+ years of obscurity. I thought long and hard about buying it back for sentiment. In the end it came down to cold hard facts. I have his 1st Ferrari that he bought new in 1978. It has had an unbroken 38 year tenure in the family, so sentiment is covered. The Testarossa is not a great Ferrari and I did 18,000 miles in it so I know it well. If I bought it I would have spent a fortune on deferred maintenance and then I would rarely drive it. So what would be the point? Obviously I didn't buy it; but if I had I would be selling it for a $100k + profit now :)

You may have sold it for $100+ more that you could have bought it for, but knowing you it wouldn't have been profit! ;)
Why such a long face?

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
Ok I'll bite............... Why ?

I have only driven one of those and it did nothing for me.

I love it when you bite.

Great sound....great handling.....great iconic looks.......cheap and easy to maintain ......more than fast enough(they all are) plus some of the best memories of my car life. (Some of them R rated lol)

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

You may have sold it for $100+ more that you could have bought it for, but knowing you it wouldn't have been profit! ;)

You might be right on the Testarossa mate !
Everything seems to be engine out and "while we are in there" on those. Unless you are Rob Hayden you pay up or just defer the job !

Offline Aircon

There are 2 distinct variations to this question that come up :

1) Which car do you wish you still owned?
2) Which car do you miss?

Actually....good point. I like the thought of still having my old 246GT, but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy one again, even if I could afford it (I got $12k for it at the time) and I don't actually MISS any of them, and I'm glad I got rid of some of them :)

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

I love it when you bite.

Great sound....great handling.....great iconic looks.......cheap and easy to maintain ......more than fast enough(they all are) plus some of the best memories of my car life. (Some of them R rated lol)

I drove it back to back with either my 308 or 328, can't remember now. It didn't handle as well and it couldn't pull the skin off a rice custard. Sounded better though and it is a real beauty to behold. I thought they were fiddly and expensive to maintain and you could hear them rust if a cloud passed over head :p

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

Actually....good point. I like the thought of still having my old 246GT, but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy one again, even if I could afford it (I got $12k for it at the time) and I don't actually MISS any of them, and I'm glad I got rid of some of them :)

Miss the  F40 even though I am sure you were glad to sell it at the time?

Offline Aircon

Miss the  F40 even though I am sure you were glad to sell it at the time?

Nope. Don't miss any of them. After the Dino probably THE BB was my next favourite.

Oh.... I just remembered.... I miss the 308GT4 regularly. Unfinished business there.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

Nope. Don't miss any of them. After the Dino probably THE BB was my next favourite.

Oh.... I just remembered.... I miss the 308GT4 regularly. Unfinished business there.

512BB I get; but 308 GT4 ????

I remember you hanging shit on V8's and GT4's in particular back in the mid 1980's when they were relatively new.