Offline David B

So I just had the second stage of a root cannal done;

Did not go well!

Firstly all my roots were about 23 m long so lots of drilling BUT THEN,

on the thrid root the dentist asked to do a quick x-ray and guess what;

The "instrument Fractured" leaving me with 2-3 mm of steel needle in my third root!!!

8mm of possibly still infected root is behind it and they cant get it out!!

My options (according to them) is;
A) FOR ME to pay for endondist $2000-2500 to do the cannal again and a possible +$300 to get out the instrument tip out thats lodged in there.
B) wait three months, open the tooth again, add more antibiotics, then wait three months do again with permenant cap and always have the instrument in there. Oh and that 8mm of root may still get infected again and mean I need to get the $2500 job done anyway.

Oh by the way I was asked this question, horizontal, in the chair, with the tooth exposed and two needles in it. $#%$#%.

Am I nuts or am I getting taken for a ride paying $2500+ to retrieve their fractured instrument ???

FFS.  :agro:

Offline Midget

Like taking your car in for some work being done and an oil leak appearing. Whos problem is it?

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Don't trust dentists. They are dodgy and greedy, how else can they afford exotics, unless they are tax minimizing.

Next time go to Thailand. For $2500 you can get your tooth done and a few ladies

Offline David B

Don't trust dentists. They are dodgy and greedy, how else can they afford exotics, unless they are tax minimizing.

Next time go to Thailand. For $2500 you can get your tooth done and a few ladies
Very Funny... diseases may cost more in treatment as well as divorce although half of 0 is 0.
 :clap:

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
Like taking your car in for some work being done and an oil leak appearing. Whos problem is it?

It's nothing like it, actually.

David's example is shoddy workmanship.

An oil leak appearing after a service is a coincidence (unless, of course, that's what the car went to the mechanic for)

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle

I think those "girls" may not be the bargain they seem.  Or so I'm told LOL

Offline pistonbroke

Given the circumstances I can do you a good deal on a 924...

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
So I just had the second stage of a root cannal done;

Did not go well!

The "instrument Fractured" leaving me with 2-3 mm of steel needle in my third root!!!

8mm of possibly still infected root is behind it and they cant get it out!!

My options (according to them) is;
A) FOR ME to pay for endondist $2000-2500 to do the cannal again and a possible +$300 to get out the instrument tip out thats lodged in there.
B) wait three months, open the tooth again, add more antibiotics, then wait three months do again with permenant cap and always have the instrument in there. Oh and that 8mm of root may still get infected again and mean I need to get the $2500 job done anyway.
C) Easy out set from ebay. With pictorial instructions.  :argh:

Offline David B

har har.... any lawyers out there ? surely this is bullshit that I am liable for this.
I am talking to the Australian Dentist Association customer liason tomorrow; apparently they are a free public service to discuss possible mediation with dentists including unfavorable outcomes.....  A catagory I think I may fall into.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

They don't need dentists in the western suburbs over here because no one has any teeth.