Offline dkabab

to be honest i was expecting something better with this thread title...

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

to be honest i was expecting something better with this thread title...

post of the month!!!!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Because Ive already spent $750 of the original quote of $1300, and now I'll be up another $2300 to $2800 to get it out, I'm sorry for me thats not chump change.

As I said I'm pursuing this with the dental advocate, if thats seems to be a waste of time I'm sure the consumer affairs might be interested.  Alhough the are busy right now about to launch litigation against a bunch of Private health insurers for reducing benfits without letting their members know!!!

Put it on a card then you at least have the receipts as evidence. If you don't fix it it sounds like you could be in real trouble.
Go to a real dentist. I guess you already have. Arthur will do it for mates rates that's double normal

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

So, what's the outcome of the advocate ? Did they recommend Thailand?

Offline David B

So, what's the outcome of the advocate ? Did they recommend Thailand?

plot thickens friends;

So advocate say's no problem, our members are covered for this liability and we will help you make a claim such that you will only be charged the initial (original) quote so the endodontist part to finish the job and remove the 2-3mm file will be at no cost to you.

Then an email 2 hours later, "oh the dentist ( a 14mth graduate) didnt renew their membership late last year so we cant help you.... but it should be ok because they by law must have PL insurance, you will need to talk to her direct to discuss your claim."

So tomorrow, I have a call arranged with the young dentist to discuss the matter...

I'll let you all know.

Offline Fortis

• 300kph+ club

That dentist is such a dick! Breaks tools in your mouth and backs up from fixing his stuff up, unbelievable!

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
He/she has to have professional liability insurance by law.
I'm amazed that they are not bending over backwards to fix their fuck up before the angry patient makes a complaint to the relevant professional licensing body. I guess the lack of action comes down to 2 things, lack of experience and possibly the ever declining standards of professionals pumped out in mass by modern Universities that are only concerned with their bottom line.

Offline David B

He/she has to have professional liability insurance by law.
I'm amazed that they are not bending over backwards to fix their fuck up before the angry patient makes a complaint to the relevant professional licensing body. I guess the lack of action comes down to 2 things, lack of experience and possibly the ever declining standards of professionals pumped out in mass by modern Universities that are only concerned with their bottom line.

Ok so final outcome is good, I guess.

Junior dentist rang me and said "dont worry, you make the appointment with the endodontist and I will handle all payments"

So I'm back in the chair on March 27th and Endodontist.    I think they knew all along, I could claim it, they just didnt want to give me that option.

always pays to seek a second opinion when it doubt.