Offline a.taylor

UberX is illegal (I've heard Uber is paying the fines the drivers are getting) but the Uber core service is a very pleasant alternative to taxis at a small premium.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

whats the main difference between the two, there must be a way they can justify the low cost

I wonder how hard it is to get on a Saturday night, the other night I had to pay the taxi driver an additional $8 cause he said my destination was to short

Friday evening, you cant get a cab anywhere.

Hailstorm - I requested an Uber standing in the entrance to a hotel, got the X he arrives guided by GPS it cost me $6 to get home, I was so impressed I gave him a $10 tip

No money changes hands it's all debited from a credit card you give when you sign up, thats another advantage, just get out and go.

Seems too good to be true, so I guess the taxi industry will try to shut it down.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

UberX is illegal (I've heard Uber is paying the fines the drivers are getting) but the Uber core service is a very pleasant alternative to taxis at a small premium.

The core service is $20 minimum and worth every cent in my opinion.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

And what's more they send you notification within minutes of the cost, the distance travelled, the time it took and the drivers name and photo and a map of the route taken .

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Cars ] Random car chat thread TomE Today at 11:53
[ Lamborghini ] Huracan Performante PA Today at 11:48
[ Funny Cool Stoopid ] it's funny cause i'm drunk!! PA Today at 11:39
[ Funny Cool Stoopid ] Jokes PA Today at 11:38
[ Ferrari ] 812 Superfast 360c Today at 11:36
[ Off Topic ] and today you bought... Joey Today at 09:20
[ Gadgets and Technology ] Apple iPhone JBO Today at 06:48
[ Lamborghini ] The cool Lamborghini photo thread andecorp Yesterday at 20:48
[ Cars ] Spotted thread TJB Yesterday at 13:53
[ Off Topic ] Real Estate Joey Yesterday at 13:02