Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
I'm reorganising my will and I will use State Trustees as executors. My reasoning is simple - private law/accounting firms can go out of business.
Private persons that I trust can die before me or even with me if it's an accident.
State Trustees will be there forever and can handle complicated wills like mine (overseas entitees, etc)

IMHO and experience that is a seriously bad idea. As well as being expensive, they are not that good beyond very simple estates.
Your justification for using them could be bypassed by simply revisiting your will every couple of years and having more than one executor.

l repeat - a seriously bad idea especially for a complicated estate spanning international borders. Seriously bad.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

IMHO and experience that is a seriously bad idea. As well as being expensive, they are not that good beyond very simple estates.

That's what I was after, someone who has had experience there.
I do think it needs someone with some experience, I don't think my sons could handle probate etc etc.

Offline TomE

That's what I was after, someone who has had experience there.
I do think it needs someone with some experience, I don't think my sons could handle probate etc etc.

They can get legal advice to help them sort out the estate when the time comes. 
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

They can get legal advice to help them sort out the estate when the time comes.

That's what I was thinking, yep probably go with that.

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
Your justification for using them could be bypassed by simply revisiting your will every couple of years and having more than one executor.

l repeat - a seriously bad idea especially for a complicated estate spanning international borders. Seriously bad.
Can you please detail some more? By private message if need be.

As you know, I have several o/s entities, income streams and properties. Two private large law firms that I saw regarding this will told me it was too complicated for them and that State Trustees are more suited as they have experience with this.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline 98octane

As you know, I have several o/s entities, income streams and properties. Two private large law firms that I saw regarding this will told me it was too complicated for them and that State Trustees are more suited as they have experience with this.

Andrei, go to Arnold Bloch Leibler, 333 Collins St. They service very high net worth individuals, especially from the Jewish community.  They'll charge a lot though.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Andrei, go to Arnold Bloch Leibler, 333 Collins St. They service very high net worth individuals, especially from the Jewish community.  They'll charge a lot though.

I've got a name in there who could direct you to the right person if you want a starting point.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater

PM sent.

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
I've got a name in there who could direct you to the right person if you want a starting point.
Thanks guys. I'll look into them.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I was thinking of downsizing, if I bought the place I'm looking at it would be $60k stamp duty..........what a f****** rip off. :irked: