Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

the whole country is going down the tubes.

Offline E7ITE

the whole country is going down the tubes.

Scud, serious question: if you were to pack up your family and move, which countries/ places would you consider?  Say for example you had to make a decision by the end of the year.

I was going through this in my mind and I could only really think of LA, NZ or perhaps somewhere in SE Asia.  What do the other AE members think?

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Scud, serious question: if you were to pack up your family and move, which countries/ places would you consider?  Say for example you had to make a decision by the end of the year.

I was going through this in my mind and I could only really think of LA, NZ or perhaps somewhere in SE Asia.  What do the other AE members think?

New Zealand.

Offline tdc911

http://www.tristandc.com/

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

for me, LA is a complete shit hole. San Fran is way better if you'd want to live on the west coast.

I'd say NZ as you'd get more bang for your buck with the NZ dollar when converting AUD, plus you can drive whatever you like.

But being in places on holidays won't give you a true feeling on the good and bad.

We got great beaches, easy lifestyle, and in Brisbane, not much traffic and it's still a small country town.

Didn't realise how slow it was until coming back from the states.

Offline Joel

New Zealand.

100% hawkes bay for me. Friends already there plus large lots of land and 15mins to the beach.

Online Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT
for me, LA is a complete shit hole. San Fran is way better if you'd want to live on the west coast.

I'd say NZ as you'd get more bang for your buck with the NZ dollar when converting AUD, plus you can drive whatever you like.

But being in places on holidays won't give you a true feeling on the good and bad.

We got great beaches, easy lifestyle, and in Brisbane, not much traffic and it's still a small country town.

Didn't realise how slow it was until coming back from the states.

Just got back on Sunday from USA. Slow is an understatement for Australia.

San Francisco the city itself is an utter cesspit to live in Ė homeless people all over the place and crack heads.

I have a mate who moved over 6 months ago and is paying $50k rent US a year for a one-bedroom in the city.  Thatís not so bad but his car has been broken into 3 times and his been mugged once. Plus health care is $14k a year. His moving to Marin County which is safer but not a huge amount cheaper.

Your comments on LA are spot on. In general California is flooded with illegals/lefties and the infrastructure and services are second class. 

Moving to NZ would be going backward.

London is nice but the weather is shit 6 months of the year so itís hard for an Aussie.

Hard question to be honest.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Interesting subject so I moved it to its own thread.

Offline j15

I'm fine here, the grass is not necessarily greener on the other side.

Offline F1V10

• Drives: V10 M5
  • Name: Mr HaHa
I will move to Tasmania if I don't want to live in Australia