Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Which country has free hookers????

Offline Horse

• Hung like Einstein

I'm fine here, the grass is not necessarily greener on the other side.

Ditto.
Why such a long face?

Offline dkabab

The 2 countries I always come up with are Canada and Switzerland

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
In reality little compares so Australia, despite our downfalls there is a reason it's expensive and that's because it is overall a pretty good deal.

Is it going to hell in a hand basket?  Absolutely but many other places are still worse.

For me only options in place of here are

LA
Miami
Singapore (but that would need massive $$$)

Beyond that anywhere else is either too cold,  too much crime or too third world.

NZ is nice to visit but I think I'd be depressed all the time with their weather.

Offline E7ITE

The 2 countries I always come up with are Canada and Switzerland

I've only seen Lucerne and Zurich whilst on holiday and we love it there.  But I think the living costs would frighten anyone... A 1 bedroom was around 3000 swiss francs a month rent I believe, so anything for a family would be horrendous.  A regular house would be stupid money.  But the country itself is so gorgeous and I'm sure great driving roads arent far away.  Infrastructure is top notch, health services would be high also, I assume.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Spain is worth looking at according to some muso friends of mine.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

I would consider NZ, Canada and Japan.

Offline 98octane

I love Australia, foibles and all.

But if I had to move, I'd live in Bavaria. I love other places more, but that's where I could easily work, stunning countryside, beer and easy access to the Alps, Italy, southern France etc, not to mention great driving.

Offline OzCarSightings

• Will eat your baby
  • Photographer

• Drives: GenF HSV/Golf R32/motorbike
  • www: JanGlovac.com
I've only seen Lucerne and Zurich whilst on holiday and we love it there.  But I think the living costs would frighten anyone... A 1 bedroom was around 3000 swiss francs a month rent I believe, so anything for a family would be horrendous.  A regular house would be stupid money.  But the country itself is so gorgeous and I'm sure great driving roads arent far away.  Infrastructure is top notch, health services would be high also, I assume.

Correct. My wifes sister now lives there, and just moved into a new apartment which is around that mark.

I was born in Switzerland and have been back a few times now, love the place but still not sure I would want to live there. Perhaps for a year for something different, but not permanently. As per a few other posts, I love Australia and enjoy the lifestyle too much to risk starting somewhere new.

Online Neru

I would love to live in Hong kong/Singapore for a couple of years, as an expat you can have quite the good lifestyle.

Being born in NZ, I would be happy to move back for the right opportunity