Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

In this market, I recon you would get pretty bloody close.......worth a go :thumbsup:

Yes, I remember now. Was at dinner on Wednesday night with some guys, one of them is looking at an R8 V10 for very close to $200k. He just has to off load his M3 first. 

Offline wolfman

• Drives: Audi R8, X3 M-Sport
  • Name: Dylan
Yes, I remember now. Was at dinner on Wednesday night with some guys, one of them is looking at an R8 V10 for very close to $200k. He just has to off load his M3 first.

This is second-hand from a dealer?

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

This is second-hand from a dealer?

Yes - second hand but not sure if from a dealer or private.....

The other one I was thinking of was a 2011 for $220k - but it's a V8, just assumed it was a v10.

Offline wolfman

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/audi-r8-2008-13024984

That's the one I'd be looking at.

I pretty much need one with the extended leather-it makes all the difference. The standard interior is a bit naff.
That's the only one in the range that has it.

Offline Neru

Vested interest??

Apart from the looks there isn't too much special about the v8 R8, ive seen one of these R8 with a turbo kit and my god its a beast

Offline wolfman

Well the R8 is regarded as one of the finest handling cars on the road, but you're right-in straight line speed it wouldn't even be much faster than my current car.
But so cooool.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Well the R8 is regarded as one of the finest handling cars on the road, but you're right-in straight line speed it wouldn't even be much faster than my current car.
But so cooool.

The guys I know in the US seem to be able to tickle good HP out of them without going nuts with big turbos and stuff. Both the V8 and V10 versions.....

Offline wolfman

That would be nice. My '55 is virtually impossible to get more power out of. I gave up.