Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Church Block is probably my favourite (red meat) dinner wine, a red cab sav/merlot/shiraz blend which is really smooth and just makes you smile after every mouthful. 

Can you get it thru any of the "chain" bottle outlets??? Haven't seen that one before.

Just finished off a bottle of Shiraz, but not sure what it was. I got it from Dan Murphy's as a clean skin and there is nothing on the label apart from Reserve Shiraz, 2007, Product of Australia.

Very, very nice drop I must say.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Can you get it thru any of the "chain" bottle outlets??? Haven't seen that one before.

Sure I've seen it at Dan Murphy and BWS at least - it's not rare, just a great blend of price/taste... it's the Evo of the wine world. :cool:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Sure I've seen it at Dan Murphy and BWS at least - it's not rare, just a great blend of price/taste... it's the Evo of the wine world. :cool:

Cool, I will keep an eye out next time I'm in Dan's.

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
Anyone for wine? :)

Definitely like a nice drop.

But I'm more of a white drinker for allergy reasons also (but at least the smell doesn't make me sick :scared:).

Polished off a nice Hungerford Hill (Tumbarumba) Chardonnay while finishing off work last night. :thumbsup:

Offline Doctor

• Left Sodways
  • Under a Vw, or behind a Camera...

I love my wine, so much so, im studying it at uni :D

The Church block is a great drop, i have a Magnum of the 05 here along with one of their lower Scrubby Rise Shiraz Cabernet Sauvignon Petit Verdot blends.... Church Block should be available from almost every bottle shop in the state, and most restaurants have it on the wine list too

I need to rebuild my collection of wines, slowly gone through it without replacing as i go....
www.brassmunkymedia.com.au

Oversteer Scares The Passengers , Understeer Scares The Driver

Offline dkabab

i had a dozen of 1981 grange... but sold it. i appreciated the profit  :p

Offline Steve.

• Drives: AMG.
  • Name: Steve
Anyone for wine? :)

Yeah, I'm a (qualified) wine judge. It's yet to get me anywhere, though!

I love my wine, so much so, im studying it at uni :D

What are you studying? I did the Bachelor of Wine Marketing thing at University of Adelaide for a while until I had finished all the wine subjects, took a year off, then tried to enrol in some of the more annoying marketing subjects and found I was no longer in the computer system...

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

I just picked up a couple dozen bottles, half red half white.  I usually only ever buy what I need at the time but figgered I may as well start getting a selection going.  Told the guy (Eastern Cellars) to just select a range of stuff to try out, looks like a good batch.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I just picked up a couple dozen bottles, half red half white.  I usually only ever buy what I need at the time but figgered I may as well start getting a selection going.  Told the guy (Eastern Cellars) to just select a range of stuff to try out, looks like a good batch.

all from SA, or where?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

all from SA, or where?

Haven't had time to look yet - that wasn't actually mentioned, I'll list them later on.  I basically just asked for about half to be simple everyday drinkers, some decent and a few good ones.  I had a quick peek at the reds and I know 3 or 4 of them pretty well, the rest are new or ones I've only tried a glass of once.