Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

What a bunch of girls, I watched a little bit and the Germans just took the ball away from us like we were school kids, what about the poor suckers who got to big screens in Melb and Sydney at 4am to watch it, what a joke. :doh:

Germany coach Joachim Loew has described this morning's 4-0 World Cup demolition of the Socceroos in Durban as "a good warm-up" for his side.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
But really are we surprised Germany ran rings around us????? I wasn't surprised at all, but it would have been good to atleast score one goal.
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline cel

Not really surprised but they just seemed so lost, I did expect a bit more from them

Looking forward tonsome proper soccer tonight :)

Offline AussieSpotter

• I like fast cars

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I thought the ref was pretty good.

He gave yellow cards at least twice for diving Germans making tackles look worse than they were.

And he let the handball go... clearly ball to hand and not hand to ball.

Cahill deserved to be sent off, that was a stupid tackle to do, and his stupidity has now damaged the next match too, idiot.

The Germans are in a different league, in many ways, AUS were lucky it wasn't more like 7-0 after losing a man with over 30 mins to go.

Offline Laminator

• https://www.facebook.com/photoesel/

The Germans are in a different league, in many ways, AUS were lucky it wasn't more like 7-0 after losing a man with over 30 mins to go.

+1. They made the Aussies look like amateurs, at about 70 minutes I was thinking it was going to end up 6 or 7 to nil.  :faint:

Offline cel

the ref made some excellent decisions indeed, it was great he gave both germans a yellow card for diving.

The red card was way too harsh though, definitely not needed, normally it wouldn't be more than yellow.

Australia played weird, nothing like how they've played any previous games. I don't think Germany will win this things, but they'll get to the semi finals

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
the ref made some excellent decisions indeed, it was great he gave both germans a yellow card for diving.

The red card was way too harsh though, definitely not needed, normally it wouldn't be more than yellow.

Australia played weird, nothing like how they've played any previous games. I don't think Germany will win this things, but they'll get to the semi finals

Cahill's tackle was bloody dangerous, could have been a career ender.

Deserved sending off big time.

Imagine if it had been the other way round, and Cahill got a broken leg...

Offline cel

He was coming in too late, realised he was too late and pulled out of the challenge, he moved his feet away. Unfortunate but it was not intended and did not deserve a red card imo

You can do 'what if' with any tackle, they could all go wrong, it just depends on how you hit the leg and the stand of the player

Offline cel

and what about those bloody horns  :waah: I want to hear chanting, no constant buzz  :irked: