Offline AussieSpotter

• I like fast cars

I thought the ref was pretty good.

He gave yellow cards at least twice for diving Germans making tackles look worse than they were.

And he let the handball go... clearly ball to hand and not hand to ball.

Cahill deserved to be sent off, that was a stupid tackle to do, and his stupidity has now damaged the next match too, idiot.

The Germans are in a different league, in many ways, AUS were lucky it wasn't more like 7-0 after losing a man with over 30 mins to go.
Ref wasn't great, the cahill tackle was definatley yellow card worthy, not red. Also, the hand ball should have been a penalty, the rule is if the hand is raised and interferes with the flight of the ball ( which it clearly was and did), it is a free kick. The ref just didn't get a good enough view to call it.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Ref wasn't great, the cahill tackle was definatley yellow card worthy, not red. Also, the hand ball should have been a penalty, the rule is if the hand is raised and interferes with the flight of the ball ( which it clearly was and did), it is a free kick. The ref just didn't get a good enough view to call it.

Cahill decision to tackle that way was all wrong, massivley so, whether he tried to pull out of it or not, the consequences are the same... clumsy deliberate foul with no intention of getting the ball.  High chance of serious injury. Red card.

re the handball.... the german players hand wasn't raised to meet the ball, the ball hit the players hand, which happened to be raised... different thing.

Not intentional, the ball had hit him before he had time to react.

again, flip it over... if you conceded a penalty for that you'd be livid.

yes, that bloody constant buzzing of the horns... sounds like swarm of bees coming in!

Offline AussieSpotter

• I like fast cars

Cahill decision to tackle that way was all wrong, massivley so, whether he tried to pull out of it or not, the consequences are the same... clumsy deliberate foul with no intention of getting the ball.  High chance of serious injury. Red card.

re the handball.... the german players hand wasn't raised to meet the ball, the ball hit the players hand, which happened to be raised... different thing.

Not intentional, the ball had hit him before he had time to react.

again, flip it over... if you conceded a penalty for that you'd be livid.

yes, that bloody constant buzzing of the horns... sounds like swarm of bees coming in!
He was going in for the tackle with the intention of blocking the player, hoping that he took a touch instead of laying it off straight away, which unfortunately happened, meaning cahill couldn't do anything to stop himself before cannoning into the German.
 In regards to the handball, it doesn't matter if it was unintentional, the arm was raised and ball's flight was majorly effected by the contact made, which should result in a free. And I would've actually felt very lucky not to give a penalty away in that situation if I was the player who did the handball.

Offline cel

I hope everyone's glued tothe tv right now :D

Offline vindgat

• Drives: 360 Spider

Vuvuzela (Bloody Horn)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search

Vuvuzela made of plastic Vuvuzela note
A standard short vuvuzela plays a single B♭ note.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problems listening to this file? See media help.

A vuvuzela (English pronunciation: /vuːvuːˈzeɪlə/) , sometimes called a "lepatata" (its Setswana name) or a stadium horn, is a blowing horn approximately 1 m (3 ft 3 in) in length. It is commonly blown by fans at football matches in South Africa.[1] The instrument requires some lip and lung strength to blow and emits a loud monotone (B♭). A similar instrument (known as corneta in Brazil and other Latin American countries) is used by football fans in South America.[2] Vuvuzelas have been controversial.[3] They have been associated with permanent noise-induced hearing loss,[4] cited as a possible safety risk when spectators cannot hear evacuation announcements,[5] and potentially spread colds and flu viruses on a greater scale than coughing or shouting.[6][7] Commentators have described the sound as "annoying" and compared it with "a stampede of noisy elephants,"[8] "a deafening swarm of locusts,"[9] "a goat on the way to slaughter"[10] and "a giant hive full of very angry bees."[11]

The sound level of the instrument has been measured at 131 dB(A) at the opening of the horn and at 113 dB(A) two metres in front of the opening, both dangerously high levels for unprotected ears.[12]

• Soap Dodger

He was going in for the tackle with the intention of blocking the player, hoping that he took a touch

In regards to the handball, it doesn't matter if it was unintentional.

ILLEGAL tackle then, you've said it yourself. You are ONLY allowed to tackle for the ball.

Yes it does matter, unintentional handball is at refs discretion. Could have been given, I think it's right decision it wasn't.

• Soap Dodger

I hope everyone's glued tothe tv right now :D

NED v DEN

yawn so far...

except #snigger# Van Der VAART #snigger#

• Soap Dodger

to clarify

I think OBVIOUS unintentional handball should never be given UNLESS it stops an OBVIOUS goal

arguably unintentional handball should be given, always.

Offline Laminator

• https://www.facebook.com/photoesel/

NED v DEN

yawn so far...

except #snigger# Van Der VAART #snigger#

Yep, I was giggling too.   :tilt: