Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
Different type of write off, its cosmetic not structural

And that's specifically what I'm after.  Something with a dented front end but not structural.  But I'm guessing by the sound of it is still too much trouble.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Different type of write off, its cosmetic not structural

Not anymore, they are classed as a full write off in NSW and a repairable write off everywhere else.

They used to be a category D write off but all that has gone out now, it's either a repairable or Stat write off now days.

However, in QLD a hail damaged car does not need to go through the inspection process to be re-rego'ed, but it will go on the write off register.

Offline Tiger

And that's specifically what I'm after.  Something with a dented front end but not structural.  But I'm guessing by the sound of it is still too much trouble.

Price reflects the pain, flood damage is a different story leave well alone most are state dec anyway in all states.
Roll on summer

Offline schmik325

I think its going to be a difficult one. The smashed ones I've seen all have over 100k kms, mainly as they are used for deliveries etc.

Offline schmik325

Not anymore, they are classed as a full write off in NSW and a repairable write off everywhere else.

They used to be a category D write off but all that has gone out now, it's either a repairable or Stat write off now days.

However, in QLD a hail damaged car does not need to go through the inspection process to be re-rego'ed, but it will go on the write off register.

Sorry it does. Its in Victoria they get an exception. In QLD they still want their $435 to put your car on it hoist and find the engine number.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Sorry it does. Its in Victoria they get an exception. In QLD they still want their $435 to put your car on it hoist and find the engine number.

Hmmmmmmm, not sure this is 100% correct. But couldn't be stuffed looking up the docs.........I'll do it tomorrow.

Offline schmik325

Mate of mine registered an SS ute last week, hail write off. Had to have inspection done prior, waited 3 weeks to get it done.

Offline Tiger

Mate of mine registered an SS ute last week, hail write off. Had to have inspection done prior, waited 3 weeks to get it done.

If the buy price reflects the pain it's fine
Roll on summer

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
I think its going to be a difficult one. The smashed ones I've seen all have over 100k kms, mainly as they are used for deliveries etc.

Pickles have one coming for auction that's has a small tap in the front with 50k's on it. But for the hassle and saving I think it may not be worth it. I may watch the market for a month or so and see what I can find.

Online Neru

Maybe I should find a written off r32 golf and transplant that into a caddy?  That could actually be cool enough to use as a DD.

Do this Looney!!, shouldn't be to hard to find a wrecked r32 with all the P platers buying them these days